Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

On board glow-twin

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 11:37 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default On board glow-twin

Is it possible to use a 1300 ram ignitor on twin? I am trying to figure out how would I run two servos and a glow unit off of one channel on the reciever and make it work-Splicing the hot and groung wire on the unit would not be a big deal but connecting the unit to the reciever is where I am stumbling, you also have two throttle servos-thanks
Old 06-07-2007, 11:39 AM
rrudytoo
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: On board glow-twin

Plane Jim,

Try this, www.emsjomar.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=6. There are several manufacturers of on-board glow drivers that will work with a twin. Make it easy on yourself, Bud.

Al
Old 06-07-2007, 02:24 PM
DelRay

PlaneJim, I myself can't answer your question, but I would option a glo-driver for each motor, independent from each other, each with it's own battery, charge port and shutoff switch. A "y" harness at each throttle servo . This way one can run and tune, etc. one motor at a time and not be driving the other glo plug. I have this type of set-up in my Nosen 310 and it works great. It is additional cost and a little additional weight, but I think it's worth it. If there ever was a glo driver failure ,a single unit driving both plugs could effect both motors. Just some thoughts, and I'm sorry I didn't answer your question.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:27 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sullivan just introduced a new on board glow igniter at Toledo this year - and it will work for twins too

http://www.sullivanproducts.com/NewP...sMainFrame.htm
Old 06-07-2007, 03:45 PM
davej78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an excellent unit fitted to my ASP 160 twin from http://www.southhertsmodels.co.uk/index.htm its worth a trip on to their site to read up on this clever unit
Old 06-08-2007, 10:31 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Wow-I just added a extra y-harness to this and a old glow cap and it works like a champ, thanks for all the information on buying new one set up for a twin but no thanks-I have never done anything easy but to sink another $50.00 to $100.00 for a glow unit with two leads instead of one-geez, .............................Are we all assemblers today, I like to tinker and build a little-thanks again
Old 06-09-2007, 05:47 AM
DelRay

Plane Jim, just for my curiousity, you're using this set-up for a twin motor application and not a twin cylinder? That was my thoughts at first as you mentioned the two servos in conjunction with the glo driver. Glad to hear you got it figured out, and saved some bucks too.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:56 AM
SWORDSN
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Iuse the Electrodynamics unit advertised in all magazines. I hace about 20 flites on
my VQ p38 with flawless results.