Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

What a great day to fly a P-38

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

What a great day to fly a P-38

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 07:07 AM
nchrome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a great day to fly a P-38

Well today I maiden my P-38 and was pleased with the results. Did some fine tuning of the 52 fourstrokers, then went two clicks rich. A couple high speed taxies settled the nervs and got comfortable. Took herto the near end of the runway (up wind) checked the throws(ailerons were backward) reversed and off we went. Took most of the runway and should of used a little more but she finally rotated. Started left turn and discovered the ailerons were just a little touchy[X(]. Calmed down and just consitrated on the flight. Turns were sloppy until I added rudder(this smoothed out the turns qute abit) Continued the pattern while trying to adjust the trims Lots of right trim on the ailerons. Made three more passes the decided to set up for my approach, long and fast, keep speed up until the edge of the runway. Chopped throttle some and get ready to flare. Started to touch and chopped throttle all the way and coast. A little hard and the right gear made a (RIGHT TURN CLIDE) [:@]and she came to a fast stop. No damage except to the pride. My knees finally stopped shaking and I checked her over for damage none. Now for the plane she's a Wing MFG P-38, 52 fourstrokers,11/7 master air screw props, eleven servos,SPECTRUN radio,spring air retracts,onboard glow, total weight 12# and flew like on rails for me that is. Can't wait for the next flight will be a little more prepaired with EXPO on the ailerons, and possibly a lot smoother landing. Tell me about your maidens of any other P-38s out there.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:56 PM
gregandhollie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What a great day to fly a P-38

congratulations!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:29 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: What a great day to fly a P-38

The Wing 38 is one of the best flying 38's around. Built two for pylon racing, Yippee and Yuppee they are superb flyers.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24100.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	709029   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12830.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	709030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz67951.jpg
Views:	8