Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Top Flite Cessna 310 Electric Conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Top Flite Cessna 310 Electric Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 03:32 AM
steve2972
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flite Cessna 310 Electric Conversion

I know there is a massive thread on this plane,but not much detail on Electric Conversion.

I`m looking to buy one of these but would really like to know how pratical electric power is for this plane.

Seems to me that to get the power required,heavy 6 cell li-po`s are needed,these being alot heavier than the glow engines recommended.

Also no-one has actually described how to remove the lead weight in the nose should you wish to.

Anybody who has flown this Plane sucessfully (TEAMSCALE?) on electric power,please contribute with your veiws and opinions and set -ups used.

Everybody else who is thinking of taking this route,please also contribute.

The aim of this thread is to create an informative and resourceful thread for anybody else wishing to have a go.!

Steve
Old 06-25-2007, 08:53 AM
bruff
My Feedback: (18)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite Cessna 310 Electric Conversion

Building one now. Using Hacker A50-12L motors, Hacker/Master 48 AMP ESC Vario adjustable pitch 3 blade prop., & 6S 5000ma Prodigy batteries. Each power system will be in the nacelle. Cutting battery hatch in them. I'll post pictures of that when I'm done. I know of 4 electric conversions that has flown. All successful.
Bob