Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Duellist incedence questions

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Duellist incedence questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 12:55 PM
corsaircrazy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Duellist incedence questions

I know this has been hashed about before. I have read most of the posts for HOURS[8D], but I really didn't get a warm fuzzy about angles of incedence for the old Pica duellist kit... Leave them, or change them? I read about using 0 for down thrust but leaving the +2 in the wing.. but the nacelle is down around 5 degrees. I AM SO CONFUSED!!!

OK... would it adversly affect the flight envelope to have it all at 0? (thrust angle, side thrust angle, nacelle angle, wing incedence, stab incedence) OR ... does it fly just fine with all the angles?... or change a selected few angles.... Rats... I'm getting confused again!

I have the pica kit with no mention of Dave Platt... Kit #5. I will be using 2ea Magnum 52 abc's with 10-8 3 blade props. I hear the "bent" version that I have has a real prop clearance problem. I fly off of asphalt, so I can get away with less than you grass field guys.
I have ordered the MAN plan for the MK2 version. Besides the rudder mod, is there any other popular mods I can do?

One more..... I see everyone seems to be going to the air-up, spring down retracts. Can you control the speed of retraction? I hate it when it slams down (or up for that matter). [>:]

CC
Old 11-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Duellist incedence questions

I'd set everything at zero and let the chips fall were they may. The air retracts lines
might be modified to slow down the action somewhat....I've heard of it being done.

FBD.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:36 AM
jpappano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Duellist incedence questions

I have a duallist with 2 YS 45's in it, and spring air retracts. I can also swing an 11/6 prop due to a modified wing and fuse. The nose wheel actually folds into the leading edge of the wing. As far as gear slamming, I use robart restrictors in the lines to control the speed. They work great. I use 2, one before the the control valve and one after. What that does is runs the pressure going up through restrictors and the bleed going down through only one. This gives me good control both up and down.
As to the incidence and thrust questions, I left mine alone, and it seems fine so far for the few flights I have on it.