Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

10ft spad with twin ryobi's (Have a listen)

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

10ft spad with twin ryobi's (Have a listen)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 10:43 AM
TruBlu02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 10ft spad with twin ryobi's (Have a listen)

ORIGINAL: KI8FR

Were do you get the cor to make the wings out off?
Paul
I dont want to the threadjack anymore than I have to, but you can can get 4mm coro from just about any sign shop. also many gas stations use it for advertisements and will just throw it away when they are done with it so thats free building supplies! PM me if you have any questions or check out the SPAD forum here on RCuniverse. Hope this helps!!!

Sean
Old 03-27-2008, 07:55 AM
adrian222
My Feedback: (1)

Here is a short video of a take off. (hope it works)

http://rcuvideos.com/item/WQ1ZCJ1RMP9LL1RV

Adrian.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Villa

Hi adrian222
Did the required repair you mentioned on 3-19-08 correct the problem of tracking to the right? Have you had an engine out situation yet? Please post an occasional flight report.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 AM
adrian222
My Feedback: (1)

G'day Villa

I did the repair and fixed the problem and yes I have had a problem with a engine out but it wasn't a engine going out but a engine jamming on full throttle which got my attention .
What happened is a after flying around for a while and just finishing a loop I throttled back but could hear one engine still going flat chat while I was still in a bit of a dive so I leveled off with the throttle still pulled back and one engine still screaming and the plane not flying very well So I increased the throttle again to match the revs and regained control and pumped the stick on the throttle hoping to clear the problem.

But that wasn't going to happen because the throttle arm had broken off the shaft that has the butterfly on it so I am stuck with a engine going full throttle. What Next! My brother who was videoing the flight said to me are you going to land it and I said I don't think so. Well I thought this going to be my first dead stick and took the plane up high to run it out of fuel.
After flying around for a while a thought came to mind that when I made the fuel tank that I made one clunk line longer than the other one and was hoping that the engine stuck on full throttle is on the short one or things might turn out interesting but as it turned out both engines died nearly at the same time and I was flying pretty high.

The dead stick was pretty routine except I zigged instead of zagging and missed the runway and pulled up in the long grass and no harm was done.
So my first twin moment.

Here is the dead stick landing video.

http://rcuvideos.com/item/TQMDZYRSX1HMRSTV

adrian.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:20 AM
KI8FR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has been a long time. Have not heard out your plane is flying now?

Paul