RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/)
-   -   Seagull's "Dual Ace" (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/3664845-seagulls-%22dual-ace%22.html)

boingram 02-02-2012 06:31 AM

RE: Seagull's

Joe M...who did you purchase from and at what price and shipping...thnx....bo

cymaz 02-02-2012 06:42 AM

This might help [link=http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=52815]here[/link]

JoeMamma 02-02-2012 06:47 AM

ORIGINAL: boingram

Joe M...who did you purchase from and at what price and shipping...thnx....bo

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...tracts-81.html

Quigleywins 02-02-2012 01:09 PM

ORIGINAL: boingram

...nice aero commander.....what kit is it...thnx...bo
Boingram Its a Black Horse ARF. Powered with OS 44 AXs

Quigleywins 02-02-2012 01:15 PM

[q

Quigleywins 02-02-2012 04:33 PM

ORIGINAL: warbirdmustang

Guys,
I have a NIP set of engine nacelles and decals for this plane I would sell or trade if anyone needs them. I am building mine, nearly finished, and I made nacelles and am making cowlings to make it look more like a Beech Duke, so I won't need these. Hopefully someone can use them.
Thanks,
Bryan
What about some photos Bryan love to see the diference. How did you do the nacelles.

A6TEXAN 02-02-2012 06:24 PM

hi all.
i just received a Dual Ace that was used as a display in a restaraunt. the built up box that contains the throttle servo, fuel tank and engine mount is missing. (they just screwed the nacelles to the wing and glued the spinners on) can yall tell me the full length of this box ? i found several pics on this thread that will suffice for building purposes, but knowing the length of the box from the back edge to the front of the firewall would sure be a great help. thanks in advance.

warbirdmustang 02-03-2012 05:07 AM

I'll try and get some photos loaded ASAP to show the difference. I'll be making a pair of glass cowlings to fit, and hopefully it'll have a little different look!
Bryan

Quigleywins 02-04-2012 01:30 AM

A6TEXAN the numbers you need are at the top 7 inches from the top to the engine mount F1 the other side is about 1/8 longer
THIS MY NOT BE AS CLEAR AS i THOUGHT. When you look at your pod you will note that in the wing the end of the fixture is not squar. tyhere for the difference in length I will need to put the wings together and run the straight edge over it but I think that they look straight ahead with out any out thrust. Will check in the morning for you.

cymaz 02-04-2012 01:46 AM

There is a bit of side thrust on each engine box under the nacelle but for the life of me I cannot remember if they toe in or toe out. It will be worth a look at someones and check before you stick them onto the wing.

Hobbsy 02-04-2012 06:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A6, here are some shots of the engine mounts, I just started on mine. Cousin Quigley nailed it, no side thrust.

Picture #1 shows full length
Picture #2 shows box length
Picture #3 left mount in wing
Picture #4 is down thrust 1/8th" over the heighth of the firewall.
Picture #5 is 0 side thrust
Picture #6 is rear side view
Picture #7 is bottom view. Let me know if you nad a diiferent angle on any of them.

A6TEXAN 02-04-2012 08:31 AM

thanks a heap Quigley, Cy, and Hobbsy. you fellas are awesome. this info should do me fine. its pouring rain here, so maybe i can get both boxes built today. i called the LHS and they have 2 sullivan 10oz flex tanks in stock. i just need to get moving this morning.

Quigleywins 02-05-2012 01:15 AM

I was wondering if you boys with the old DA might play along with me and post a few photos as you put yours and mine togher. Its always better when you have one or two on the way with you.
(Duel Ace )Went to bolt the motors in today but found that the bolts supplied were to big to go through the motors bolt holes. Now thats a great start to the day. I'v had a supply of bolts on order with HKing since 21 of Jan and they posted them yesterday. So thats the first hold up. I have mounted the required 2 servos in each wing. Well thats a start.
(Commanche) Well its out of the box with all the bits everywhere (that the way I like it) . I will need a new blade for the knife as this covering is so strong . I can't cut the holes to allow the engine pods to fit right in . I wll check to see if this ARF has the same over size engine bolts as the DA. one thing the construction on both is so similar I wll bring these two birds along at the same pace. Photos coming Yours Paul T

A6TEXAN 02-11-2012 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hi Quigley, ill try to play along with you here. i am almost finished with my nacelle boxes. i still have to make a new rudder and left elevator halve.
im still thinking on a covering scheme. any ideas ?
today digging around in shop for a couple of .46 engine mounts and 2.75" spinners.

hi Hobbsy, i think it was pic #3 you sent me, and it seems you added a balsa shim along the cowling mount post. (also i couldnt see in pic if you added one to the other side) i have not installed these post on my boxes as of yet. do i need to match the size of material to what you have there ? or is it gonna depend on my specific canopy halves ?

Quigleywins 02-12-2012 01:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A6TEXAN It is so great to see a workshop just like mine (things everywhere) ,with things that count. Now some where a little earlyer I said I found the last Duel Ace in a shop(LHS) well on friday I saw one more with the price of $255 aust Dollas. so they are still about. I'm working on my birds a little slow but we will get there Yours Paul T

A6TEXAN 02-13-2012 04:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
im making some progress. engine mount boxes are finished, with throttle servos and 10oz Sullivan flex tanks installed, new elevator halves are complete, new rudder complete and tt.46s are in their mounts. all is ready to install. im reworking the nose wheel mount area, doing some glass work on nose cone (heavy damage in transport). have my tail cone and canopy on order, need to pickup foam blocks to perform canopy mod.

Ichy 03-22-2012 01:25 PM

Any updates guys?

Quigleywins 03-23-2012 04:29 AM

Ichy : Well yesterday I installed the servos in there newly locared position near the wing tube. there is only a few minutes of work left and the Body will be ready fot the wings. I have the 3 bladed props and spiners.
I might even give it a fright in the morning and finish mounting the other motor. Looking good Photos later Yours Paul T

Ichy 03-25-2012 09:41 AM

Good deal!  I got my D A out the other day.  I changed props because I found the old ones were so far out of balance.  Got new Evolution props to go with the Evolution engines!  Now it's fun to fly.  :D

Quigleywins 03-25-2012 09:54 PM

Ichy They are still about,I was at a twins and more day at the state field here in Victoria and the count was 7, not all flew and 6 went home in the state they arrived in. they are also real strong very reparable damage on the one that was modifyed on the day. Working on mine tonight. Paul t

foodstick 03-26-2012 01:14 PM

I am converting an old battle worn DA... A friend sorta crunched the nose and one nacelle on a stall/snap crash. I rebuilt the nose and cockpit to my tastes instead of keeping it stock, I have aways to go, but hope to fly it this year...
I think I even have some pics of it somewhere in this MASSIVE thread...

foodstick 03-28-2012 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pics of the changes....

irocbsa 04-01-2012 03:17 PM

Anybody have a wing set for the Ace that they're willing to part with? I had an engine flame out today and the resulting crash totally destroyed the wing. Looks like Horizon doesn't have any more available.

boingram 04-01-2012 03:45 PM

...i have a nib da....250 + shipping...bo

foodstick 04-01-2012 04:41 PM

Test flew the electric rebuilt DA today.. it was gusty 15-20, but she flew like a dream with very little trim needed. I can't wait to see how it flies in a calmer situation.

By the way this is "JIMMY BANANAS" DA , he was one of the earlier people on this thread to pick one of these planes up...