Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

nitro blizzard

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 02:00 PM
racingfan48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro blizzard

I got a question for anyone with experience with the nitro kyosho blizzard. I cant seem to get the throttle to return back to full neutral so in the process the idle hangs high and sheers the pins inside the transmission. At first when i put it together i had the control arm for the transmission too short but it worked ok, then I fixed the length of it and now i have this idle issue.. Any ideas on if its the other arms maybe or is it that little throttle setup they have with the rubber band wrapped around it... Any suggestions?

Thanks alot!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:10 PM
racingfan48

Default RE: nitro blizzard

Fixed the problem for the most part, ended up using an exhaust spring and putting it on an open eye loop on throttle link and it pulls shut now
Old 10-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Paul1981

I had similar problems with mine; I solved it by ditching the mechanism and having a 3rd servo to seperate the forward/reverse changing duties from the throttle.  Pictures on page 71 of the other Blizzard thread...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_66...71/key_/tm.htm

Old 10-14-2012, 03:59 PM
racingfan48

Hey thanks alot I did that instead and works even better now. Just routed the transmission servo to the landing gear port on receiver and makes it easier to know it's not going to strip the pins out haha. Thanks alot for the help!!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Lorduss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the blizzard is alot of fun but as a nitro it drove me crazy, i bought the tranny and chassie plate and converted mine to electric with a crawler setup.
i still love it but it has other flaws, mostly having to do with my wet snow
Old 10-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Paul1981

Not a problem. You may find that it might not engage properly occasionally (very rare though), but at least it doesn't strip any of the pins by trying to engage at high revs.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:33 PM
racingfan48

Yea, it's a blast now that it works right. Just waiting on snow. I've been designing a fully functional snow blade for it so it should be interesting!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:56 PM
racingfan48

http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/galleryItem.cfm?itemID=235064&dummy=9729.622448794 544&opener=/community/profile.cfm%3Fsection%3Dgallery%26memid%3D583512

Here's the snow blade so far