Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

What can I build with an old vacuum motor??

Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

What can I build with an old vacuum motor??

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 01:06 AM
BenjaminLucas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can I build with an old vacuum motor??

I have a partially broken vacuum and the parts are just crying out to be transformed into something fun. Any links to someone who has use a vacuum motor to power an rc car? is it possable to use a speed control with it? any ideas?
thanks all
Old 04-24-2020, 08:02 PM
BenjaminLucas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a partially broken vacuum and the parts are just crying out to be transformed into something fun. Any links to someone who has use a vacuum motor to power an rc car? is it possable to use a speed control with it? any ideas?
thanks all my issue has been solved
thankyou
Old 04-25-2020, 04:29 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

An old vacuum?????????
Old 04-25-2020, 05:29 AM
airsteve172

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

An "interesting" concept, no doubt! LOL

As odd as it might sound initially, it's something that can bear some thought. A vacuum motor is brushed and as such should be capable of running on DC current (if I recall what I learned in electrical theory correctly). The windings however are designed to operate at a certain voltage and depending on what part of the world you might be located, the voltage needed to run the motor probably exceeds all practical possibilities for batteries to supply that kind of voltage.

While it makes no real sense to attempt powering an RC vehicle by this means (unless you have a real long extension cord LOL), it could make for some interesting experimentation if you have a lot of time on your hands.

What's really puzzling to me is that you indicated that the vacuum isn't any good and the only thing that does anything in a vacuum is the motor so I'd expect that the motor isn't any good. So why bother???
Old 06-17-2020, 06:28 PM
rick hamel
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Something that sucks
Old 08-06-2020, 04:55 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Interesting, it blows and sucks.The suction side can be used to make a vacuum forming box, the output side makes a leaf blower, balloon inflater. and a noisy fan.