Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

megatech nitro skyliner

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 08:41 PM
gatekeeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default megatech nitro skyliner

The quality of this product is horrible.
7 pages of instructions, few dark small and muddy pictures. What you get is different from the description. The film loose and wrinkle in many areas. The hinges mounted out of alignment. I'm new to this sport and my first was a hobbico nextstar that I crashed and i'm in the proccess of repairing. The quality does not compare. Maybe I'm asking too much? The manefacturers warrant everything and right away say just send it back. They know that most people will rather repair the stuff rather than spend the money and effort to send it back to them and wait who knows how long to get it back. I have e-mailed them but I don't expect much from them. I can't recomend this plane because of the quality issues at this time. I will get the nextstar flying again but I'm removing the flaps, wing extensions and the AFS. I just can't see how this items can help you be a better flyier.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:12 AM
Trung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: megatech nitro skyliner

ya I know how its like man. I got a megatech nitro flyer and it was junk. the covering was loose in the tail fins and stuff and all i got was 2 pages of intructions [:'(]. The push rods were not cut to lenght and prebent liek stated in the advertisement. There were no predrilled holes for the servo mounts like the intruction said omg how bad can it get. The hinges were lousy...the ailerons couldnt even move cuz they didnt drill the holes for the control horns or whatever large enough so i had to chisel its out to make the thing move. The only thing I think was kinda good was the covering on the wings only cuz it was nice and tight and all. Stay away from megatech cuz I there was a thread on here bout my nitro flyer and he said the exact same thing I just did.