Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > User Product Reviews
Reload this Page >

MegaTech AirStrike Vs. Hobbico NexStar

Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

MegaTech AirStrike Vs. Hobbico NexStar

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 03:32 AM
goxborro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MegaTech AirStrike Vs. Hobbico NexStar

I'm writing this so that if you are new to this hobby you won't be taken in the same way that I was. First of all DO NOT purchase the MEGA TECH Airstrike. This may be a obvious to most of you but it wasn't to me. I felt I was safe in purchasing it since the company I bought it from (CDH Enterprises) offered a money back gaurentee (minus a 15% restocking fee). When I tried to return the plane I was told it was messed up beyond repair and that I could purchase another item but not get a return. I have the plane again and am still wondering what damage it has sustained that would render it unfit for return. Since CDH ENTERPRISES is not on the list of companies that can be evaluated on this site (many others are) I want to warn everyone NOT to buy from this company as they will not honor their warranty.

I ended up purchasing a Hobbico Nexstar trainer. This is a super product that I would recommend to anyone getting into this hobby. It is more expensive but if you really want to learn DO NOT by a low cost plane like the Airstrike.

Good Luck and happy flying.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Mr Akimoto
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MegaTech AirStrike Vs. Hobbico NexStar

I would stay away from all Mega Tech products expecially their engines and airplanes. They are poorly made using inferior materials. I feel this way about all Chinese R/C stuff. For example, their engine are poor imitations of superior designs most notably OS and YS, my engine of choice.

However, MegaTech might have some place in the R/C world. The individual who is curious about the hobby might be well served by something cheap to get an inexpensive introduction. From there, he can decide if he wants to venture further.

The Nextstar is certainly a better choice for a serious trainer assuming you can find an instructor who will spend some time getting you off and back down on the ground! You might also consider a flight simulator to help you progress more quickly to soloing.

Adios,

Mr Akimoto