Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Tower Hobbies Dazzler

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 04:58 AM
Nitro Blast
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower Hobbies Dazzler

Well after getting the G2 flight simulator, and flying the Dazzler I decided that it would be my next ARF to fly. I read the other posts here at RCU of other owners and carefully considered their modifications.

The box came and it didnt take me long to want to build (i.e. assemble) it. It all looked pretty good. It was a super easy build, and using 6 min epoxy it didnt take me too long to put it together.

I mounted a OS FX 46 on it and it is currently swinging a APC 11x6 prop. I broke the engine in using the supplied spinner, but I could tell easily that it wasent true, so I tossed it in the trash.

I took it to the field today and I gotta say this... With just one click of aileron trim, and two clicks of elevator trim she was straight and true. Usually I fly a tank or two to get to feel any new bird, but this Dazzler had me wringing it out in the first tank.
Aileron rolls werent exactly as insane as the G2's version was, but I can fix that later by changing the throw (I think) but slow flight was a joy, landing was like grease, and all in all I am very satisfied with its early performance.

Theres some good points and some not so good ones about the ARF but for the price, right out of the box its a great value for the performance minded sport pilot. Inverted flight just has me holding a touch of down, and knife edge is... well pretty darn good (again not as great as the G2 performs)

Some guys were complaining about the wire landing gear. I guess I just landed softly without bouncing because after 6 flights I didnt see any bending there. I too am not a big fan of 'sticky' type covering materials, but for an ARF, it looks great and maybe someday I'll strip it and re-cover it if I need to.

If you are a decent pilot, and are looking for a snappy flier, I reccomend the Dazzler to anyone that wants to get the attention at the field.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:53 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower Hobbies Dazzler

Glad to hear you like it. I am building one from a kit and plan on using my own designed removable foam core wings to increases the wing area and an OS 91 FS EFI. Hope it flies as well as yours.