Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Any Way To Save Plastic Gears?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 04:33 PM
hagosrush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Way To Save Plastic Gears?

Hey, does anyone know of any "secrets" to keeping these blasted plastic gears in the Walkera V200D01 or any other heli with plastic gears?
I have gone through two tail rotor gears and two main gears and have only had this heli for SIX days man. This thing has spent more time in the box
than actually in the air.

I like the heli but these gears make me want to replace it lickety split.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:37 PM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: Any Way To Save Plastic Gears?

listen, here's the secret. don't crash. hahaha. sorry it seemed funny(to me) sorry again

once you mess up even one tooth on the gear you should replace it. as for a better gear, i have no idea. they need a place to give, and the gear is it. it helps keep you from breaking other things
Old 03-17-2011, 07:03 PM
lje553
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any Way To Save Plastic Gears? Yeah just put them in a bag. LOL
Old 03-17-2011, 07:08 PM
hagosrush

lol I actually laughed at that one
Old 03-18-2011, 08:06 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

Know what, nothinbetr2do is right. Don't crash. As these tiny gear can't take much force when you crash your heli the gear will get damage easily. Everytime you crash cut the throttle as soon as possible. If you think you are going to crash don't even try to save it as these things are so light there will be less damage cause by the fall then the rotor spinning when it hit the ground. And another thing very important is makes sure the gear mash for the main gear is set properly. As the pitch is so small it really hard to get it right. Check the tail drive gear for any play and shim it accordingly. If you can't find the right shims you can cut some out using softdrink can. If it is a little too thick you can sand it with fine sand paper.