Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Dragonfly #35 tunning tips

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 04:27 AM
kosta4u2c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragonfly #35 tunning tips

Hi, I have a problem with fine tunning when I click a trim one way it seems to much and the same the other. it does fly and you could probly keep it up if you were a could flyer but Iv'e heard you should be able to hover it off the ground without it moving around. I caqn't get it to this stage. Any help would be great thanks.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:04 PM
futura

Default RE: Dragonfly #35 tunning tips

Drifting around a bit in a hover is normal...even indoors with no cat farts or butterfly sneezes. Sounds like you have it trimmed quite close.....even big gassers drift around some......

your going to have to fly it....staying stock still is one of the difficult moves...not something that just "happens" if your heli is set up perfect.

If you can keep it inside a one meter circle your doing well....but your going to have to fly it to stay inside even a 10 meter circle.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:19 PM
futura

Not trying to be a smart ass here....

I had the same problem starting out. I'd add power, the heli would lift and start to drift....I would land and adjust trim...try again and the heli would drift in another direction.

...It was the moment of truth and one I will forever remember.....

...listen my friend....add power to get into the hover....it will drift about but dont drop back to the ground...try and use cyclic to correct for the drifts...little stick moves....stay 6" from the ground at first. Keep trying...a couple tries and....my god...I'm actually flying/hovering my new heli. It was a zen moment and one I believe a few others in this forum can remember. I must have gigled like a little girl for 20 minutes and was still pumped and smiling about it an hour later.

I may be wrong about where you are and are experiencing....just guessing.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:52 AM
kosta4u2c

excellant I was hoping it was like that. I couldn't see how it could just sit there and hover. Thanks very much for your help I will keep practicing.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:52 PM
ryan_f289

the problem is the analog TX when you move the trim tabs it changes the pitch too much. if you get it close try moving the battery slightly this should help. balencing the helo was a big problem for me i needed to move the battery forward by 2 inches past the stock battery tray using a piece of 1/16 inch aluminum