Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

7.4v or 11.1v? Help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Jay05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7.4v or 11.1v? Help!!!!!!

Hi

Lots of you guys have great ideas thanks to you guys and for this forum. I bought 7.4v 2200mah battery for my dragon fly#4 it wouldn't fly no higher then 2 feet from the ground. The weight was the factor. So I got the lipo 7.4v 1500mah battery now it flies pretty high for about 5-7min then starts to hover low to the ground. I was thinking if do the 11.1v battery like some of you guys did but my heli is stock. Will it be safe to do this? if yes what mah should I get and how much max weight?

Thanks
Jay

Old 12-27-2005, 06:24 PM
E_Heli

Default RE: 7.4v or 11.1v? Help!!!!!!

I use 10C 2S TP 900mah lipo, it's light and I can hover for 10+ min, the pack weights about 1.4oz (40g). I have to place the pack under the 4 in 1 unit with velcro to get the heli balance. There's no standard lipo specs (C rating, weights and sizes), some make may claim their packs are 12C or 15C, but it may be pretty bulky and heavy. The TP is more expansive, has the true C ratings, it is lighter than other brand and deliver the rated amps. Other lipos I use with good lucks are Maxamps, Irate, Tanic, Apogee, Polyquest is also good but it's a little bit heavier. These lipos I used to fly planes.
I don't know the rating of the Walkera 4 in 1, I know the tail motor may not last long with the 3S (11.1V) lipo from reading other threads, I also have a Blade CP and have gone thru 4 tail motors using 3S lipo packs.
Weight is a big factor in micro heli, keep it light it will fly better, also less damage if it hits the ground.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:50 PM
Jay05

Default RE: 7.4v or 11.1v? Help!!!!!!

Thank you very much E heli for your help. I appreciated.