Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera22A

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Oldude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera22A

First of all let me start out with an apology for a post that is without doubt a repeat of previous posts.
The fact is, I have read thru a large portion of posts on this topic and have not found my answers.

I am new to helicopters but not to R/C. I am an accomplished fixed wing pilot. That being said,
I am totally lost in the set-up of this WALKERA 22A heli. It came with no radio, reciever or batteries.
I plan to use my Futaba 9CAP and a standard 7channel Rx for this heli.

Would someone be so kind as to give a rundown as to which servo goes to which channel....The instruction manual is a JOKE!!
the only one I know for sure is the ESC goes to #3. and I "think the gyro goes to channel #5...The rest I have no clue.
I have a collection of posts on the mechanical set-up, concerning
swashplate adjustment, blade tracking/balancing and so forth. I think I can figure that part out.
Just a channel assignment chart and a breif mixing (if any) tutorial for the 9CAP.
Thanks in advance,
Oldude

Growing old is manditory....growing up is optional.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:49 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera22A

Elevator goes to the front (or back, depending on the helicopter) aileron and (in this case) pitch (channel 6), goes to each side. One on the left, one on the right. Gyro is channel 5 (or 7, in some cases) and throttle is channel 3.

You will likely need to reverse a bunch of servos via transmitter once it's all said and done, so that up and down raises/lowers the swashplate smoothly, right tilts right and left tilts left, forward tilts it forward, back tilts it back, all while looking at it with the tail facing you.

Make sure you get a good guide on mechanical setup. It's really important that everything is level at neutral. Servo angle, swashplate, blade pitch, etc.