Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 09:06 PM
spadalltheway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 36

Will these parrts fit the #36 eg, blades? http://www.wattsuprc.com.au/product_list.asp?cid=26

Im thinking of buying the walkera 36, is it good?
Does anyone have any videos of them, will they do aerobatics?

I think ill get the stock with lipo 1st, then upgrade to bl.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Okisub

Default RE: 36

Yes you can use T-rex blades on the #36. I have some Align ABS ones on mine currently, they are a cm or two longer than the standard foamies but work no worries at all.

Is the #36 good.... hmmm thats a curly question. They seem to be a bit random quality wise, you'll find them in AUS at www.rchobby.com.au for about $250AUD delivered. I would only recomend that you try and find a barebones kit or be prepared to through the electronics that come with it out and replace it all with quality stuff because there is a very good chance you will need to anyway to get it running reliably.

Flying with the brushed motor was a no go for my #36, the internal ESC overheated all the time and caused the gyro to reset mid flight. So you really need the brushless setup IMHO.

I'm still not sure if I would go with a #36 again, it would be better to go to www.wattsuprc.com.au and grab a T-rex kit, parts are cheaper and easier to get in Australia for the T-rex and Wattsuprc have the best customer service I have ever experienced with an online store! (I am not affiliated with them in any way, just a very happy customer)

There is no cheap way to get into the CP elictric heli game, save around $1000 and then go shopping for a heli, radio gear and a sim(Sims are dear but they pay for themselves pretty quickly. Plus G3 is good fun online to get help).

Hope that helps you make up your mind
Old 01-08-2006, 09:45 PM
bfrunner

I agree about the bare bones 36. You can pick one up from www.heli-fever.com for less than $80 usd. Than you can get the electronics you want that eventually you could move to another heli of your choice when the time comes for something else. One thing as previuosly mentioned that the 36 will need a brushless motor system for it to be enjoyable to fly and reach its potential. If I where to invest in some different rc equipment than I currently purchased which is a Futaba 7CHP with a couple recievers, I would have bought the Spectrum DX6 sytem instead. Technology got to love it.

If your new to heli's going with either a Trex or 36 you will more than likely encounter the same problems do to lack of flying skill and experience with helicopters. One isn't going to do better than the other in the hands of a newbie.

As far as quality goes I truthfully can't tell the difference between Walkera plastic parts quality and Align's. Yes I do have some align plastic parts to compare them to Walkeras such as a complete plastic tail setup that I was going to use incase I busted the stock unit, but of course I completely upgrade to Al stuff. Fit and finish of the plastic parts are literally identical aswell as parts stiffness. Nothing special on either brand, seems to be the same type of nylon plastic as both are equally stiff. [X(]

enough of my rambling
Old 01-08-2006, 10:17 PM
spadalltheway

I have been flying helis for a few years, but only on two walkera #4s and can do everything that a fp can pretty much do, and i was looking to move up. I have also had about 3 full tanks on a hirobbo shuttle that a guy from model engines brought to my field once and let me have a few goes on the buddy cord. Soo much easier than the #4, but i still wan a electric cp heli. I have this offermade to me for a #36 with spare blades etc....so i MIGHT go with that i dont know yet. Thanks for your input though guys!
Old 01-08-2006, 10:38 PM
spadalltheway

Does anyone have any vids of the 36? On the 36 topic all the vid links are dead?