Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Honey Bee CP problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 01:54 PM
batfalcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honey Bee CP problem

Guys I need some help with my HB CP.

Since I undestand that many of you are familiar with CP helis I just want your advice on the following:

I have the Twister CP which is identical to the HB CP. I recently installed carbon blades as well as a bell /hiller mix. Now to the little problem I face. The heli hovers perfectly, but it needs more than 3/4 of throttle to lift head high. I feel that the throttle some times reaches the full position!!!
Thinking that obviously it wants more pitch to climb I have already added some. I am not able to tell you how much (don't have a pitch meter), but it already has positive pitch even from the idle position. In other words if I switch to 3D position, the blades do not get negative pitch at all, even at full negative throttle.

The swash plate's travel is about 4,5 mm. Is this normal or should it be more

Besides that, when hovering, (lets say chest high) and want to climb a little more, (lets say head high), giving more throttle doesn't make any differnce at the beginning. Then gradually the heli starts climbing and she needs to reduce the throttle in order to stop going up. As I reduce the throttle the heli stops moving upwards and starts loosing height, passes the chest altitude and goes knee high !!! In other words it seams that the throttle stick inputs only, have not immediate effect on the flight !!!!!

Examining the heli with the motors unplugged all servos seam to work normally!!! The only possible reason I can think off is that for some reason the mixing of the throttle and the pitch curve has been upset, leting the mixer give less pitch than it used to.

Forgot to tell you that I have to push the throttle trim all the way up in order to fly the heli like described above. If I don't, then the max height is reduced even more !!!

I have posted some photos, if that is of any help

Thanks for your time,

Michael
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97352.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	390812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17903.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	390813  
Old 01-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Ah Clem

Default RE: Honey Bee CP problem

Look for excessive slop. My Honeybee CP2 is showing signs of extreme wear. The blades never stayed in track well, but now the collective is jumpinb and you can easily feel the slop in the head with your hands when the machine is on the bench. There is slop in the servos, the ball links, the mixing levers, everywhere. I probably does not have 40 flights on it.

In its defense, it does have one pretty hard crash on it, so that may account for a lot of it.

Somewhat disappointing as, when it is in good shape, it flies quite well.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:10 AM
batfalcon

Since I undestand that someone may need some photos to expalin what is going on, please take a look and guide me through.

Attached photos:
#1 3D off, throtle min, (trim to min
#2 3D off, throtle max. (trim to min)
#3 3D off, throtle max, trim max.
#4 3D on, throtle max for inverted, trim max.

As you will see the max travel of the swash is 4.5 mm.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30156.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	392003   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc91114.jpg
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	392004   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78847.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	392005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey70604.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	392006  
Old 01-30-2006, 03:28 AM
batfalcon

Guys I need your help on this one.

Some days ago I wrote you about a problem I am facing with the swash plate's travel. On these 2 videos you can watch the travel in both modes.
The problem is that if a set up the pitch to be 0 at middle stick and 3D on, then the heli won't leave the ground. If I add pitch, as I did, it flies ok, but it's impossible to have negative pitch

I need you to watch closely those travel distances of mine ,compare with the ones on your helis and tell me if mine are correct or less.

The first is a close up of the swash plate at Normal mode (not 3D).
http://www.zippyvideos.com/211581371...ve_pitch_0001/

The second is the same at 3D mode.
http://www.zippyvideos.com/144172455...ve_pitch_0002/

And it flies like this
http://www.zippyvideos.com/487951120..._version_1_3c/