Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 22e for a Beginner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera 22e for a Beginner?

RC helis can be a test of patience most of the time. When I had my first belt start Shuttle I hadn't got the faintest idea. Years later I discovered Ray's manual which tied together so much of what I was doing intuitively. The (Futaba) radio I had back then was like the Walkera one, very very very basic. It's like going back 12 years. I can't dial in the settings in the way I would now normally do and so on.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:45 AM

Surely, I do need more patience...
Just had another crash...
Fixed the damage with the spare parts I got from last crash...
[]
Old 05-09-2006, 05:58 PM

Hmmmmm. shame about that. I don't mean patience in terms of persistence though I do in a way......I mean taking it really slowly in the eerly days. That's why 5 mins battery is hopeless. I'd want 20 mins, a break, then 20 mins, a break then 20 mins, a break then finish. Repeat each day for a month. And not necessarily getting off the ground either. Flying these has to one of the hardest learning tasks. I flew full size and it was a lot quicker to learn to hover.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:15 PM

Dragonfly 22E CP Heli by default is capable to fly inverted, does anyone have tested anyway?
one of my friend tell me 22e is not recommended for beginner, even some people say it could't fly?? their suggest me when it comes to CP heli, you'd better choose T-Rex / X-400 or DragonFly #4 for FP, is that correct?
Old 05-10-2006, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: franky888

Dragonfly 22E CP Heli by default is capable to fly inverted, does anyone have tested anyway?
one of my friend tell me 22e is not recommended for beginner, even some people say it could't fly?? their suggest me when it comes to CP heli, you'd better choose T-Rex / X-400 or DragonFly #4 for FP, is that correct?
The DF22E will fly you only need to set it up right.. it might not be RTF out of the box. but after sometime setting up and tinkering around it will fly like any other heli in the market. the TREX and MX400 are good heli designs it flies good though but it is because you set it up correctly.. building it just the way you want it... I think the best next thing walkera has to do is sell there helis as kits like the Align and Ark this way you will be picking your own electrics if they do this then we will not be hearing and posting bad things about there product specially the electrics