Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 4 help

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Mikestoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 4 help

I just purchased a Walkera 4 used and looks like crashed once and the previous owner only had it for a few weeks. I plugged in the connection from the battery to the circut board and it started smoking. I tried timeless times to try and soder the connections back on but failed. The board is toast now. I know I need a new board but my questions are;

1) could the batteries (which were already charged) have been charged too much and that is what caused it?

2) Would I be able to salvage the crystal from my board for the new circut board?[/b]I have never flown before so this is all foreign to me.. I was just looking for people to talk to that might make my transition into the heli-world a little easier.

Thank you.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Fecomosis

Default RE: Walkera 4 help

If you plugged in the Stock battery that came with it, ( Nimh 650mah) Even if over charged it shouldn't go up in smoke. If it is a lipo 3S 11.1 its possible but other than that it couldnt.

Yes you will be able to salvage the crystal. I reconmend getting the new 4n1 reciever from

www.UShobbysupply.com Only $35 for a new one and $5 shipping which is supper speady!

Did you get the helicopter off of ebay? If so lemme check out the listing.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:02 PM
USHobbySupply

I would also check to make sure you dont have a short circuit somewhere. Check both motors and their connectors. I know you probably did, but check the polarity of the battery. It could be mis-wired.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Fecomosis

Oh yea also check the wires in the tail boom, I had mine melt together and can cause a short.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Mikestoy

I believe it is the stock batteries, they are about 5 batteries all wrapped together, I haven't looked yet to ensure they are the right ones for it but I assume they are. Do you know when I purchase a new circut board will it come with a new crystal or do I need to save my old one and install on the new board?

When the guy I purchased it from (on Craigslist Portland, OR) demo'd it for me he plugged it in and the rotors turned just fine, no smoke coming from the circut board but sure enough as soon as I got home and plugged it in for a test liftoff the circut board began to smoke. I don't know what caused that.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Mikestoy

Thanks for the tip... I will spend some time while I am waiting for new parts to arrive and inspect the wire routing and connections to make sure none of them are burned.

Side note, for a beginner, is this a difficult heli to launch? The guy I bought it from says it's unstable within 3 feet from the ground because of down draft air from the rotors... Sound reasonable?
Old 08-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Fecomosis

aha no! That heli ( if tuned right) should be excellent at hovering. Its also the pilot, if he dosnt know how to hover it then that could be the problem.

Old 08-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Mikestoy

Well I can't wait to try it once my new parts come in... Thanks for all the advise... I really appreciate it. I didn't know where else to turn other then an Walkera forum..

Thanks again.
M