Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera #4 heli HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Mikestoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera #4 heli HELP

I just bought a Walkera 4 and was wondering if someone knew if there was somewhere online that I could find out how to make adjustments to it. I need to learn how to adjust the main rotor paddles that each have a small weight on them in addition to the paddles pitch themselves. Also is there an adjustment for the rear rotor. Someone... Help!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 11:51 PM
BabyZ

Default RE: Walkera #4 heli HELP

I would recommend reading this thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2833333/tm.htm

(yes, all 150-odd pages of it [&:]) It has heaps of valuable information on the #4. Page 26 has some step-by-step startup instructions, and page 79 has some stuff on setting the paddle angles.

Unless you have problems, the conventional wisdom seems to be to leave the paddles flat (0 pitch) and have the fly-bar weights right out adjacent to the paddles to dampen the response until you get the hang of things.

Good luck [8D]
Old 08-17-2006, 12:34 PM
thecheatscalc

actually it's not conventional, it's mechanically correct to have the paddles at 0 degrees pitch.

to adjust the paddle's pitch, unscrew the screw in the PLASTIC part of the paddle. adjust so the CENTERLINE is level. tighten. (I got mine level and used a small dot of CA to fix 'em in place)

the tail, uh... mine's only got one pot on it (I guess for gyro sensitivity) so I don't really know what to do about that... (I'm still figuring it out myself) I guess you could use the trims a bit...

PS: does anyone else think of the servos as a tad sluggish? maybe it's just me, but I think they're slower than on my 36...

PPS: also, does anyone think that an align 420LF would work for a main motor?
Old 08-17-2006, 01:35 PM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would use E-Flite S-75s. Thats what I have on mine. As for the tail, I learned that you trim your transmitter to center and adjust the main blade angle by twisting to get the little bugger to somewhat keep from spinning. Keep in mind, even a well trimmed #4 with wander around.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:23 PM
E_Heli

ORIGINAL: Mikestoy
I just bought a Walkera 4 and was wondering if someone knew if there was somewhere online that I could find out how to make adjustments to it. I need to learn how to adjust the main rotor paddles that each have a small weight on them in addition to the paddles pitch themselves. Also is there an adjustment for the rear rotor. Someone... Help!!!
Info for Walkera: http://www.helitown.com/WalkeraDragonFly.htm

Info for flight school: http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

You should leave the flybar weights near the paddles if you are new flyer and move the weights closer to the main shaft and finally remove them as your skill progress. The flybar weight will damper the control to make the heli easier to hover.
Fixed pitch heli flys with the motor rpm.