Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

HX Dragonfly 251

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 07:46 AM
titan_082

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HX Dragonfly 251

Hi, anyone try the HX dragonfly 251? Its a toy for newbies. any comments on this model? does it fly forward? Seems like there is no fly forward control on the remote control.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:18 AM
XStroX

Default RE: HX Dragonfly 251

Hi Titan,

I don't believe this is in the correct forum. This forum is for products by Draganfly (note the spelling). You can see their products at www.rctoys.com

Stro
Old 08-20-2007, 09:42 PM
aventistt1

This is a basic rc helic for beginners. It can only go up and down . You can learn to hover.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:53 AM
lykos

I bought one as well, without any research. That was a prob. Most everything in the box didn't work. As I fixed things, it soon became obvious the electronics were also malfunctioning. If it did fly,I'd point out,it only goes up, down, L & R, no forward or back. My advice, " toss it and look into a better r/c.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:43 PM
MickLite7

ORIGINAL: lykos

I bought one as well, without any research. That was a prob. Most everything in the box didn't work. As I fixed things, it soon became obvious the electronics were also malfunctioning. If it did fly,I'd point out,it only goes up, down, L & R, no forward or back. My advice, " toss it and look into a better r/c.
Looks like I did the same thing... does anybody suggest a fairly cheap one for a beginner? I have flown the little mini dragonflies but want to get into something bigger.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:34 PM
lykos

In the same size range, I've found the Havoc a much better mini than most. It's fun to play with and will stay in the air for 10 mins. or so. Look at it here http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/rc/91d2/ . In the larger sizes, price is a big issue and how much you might want to spend. For 100 bucks, this is a really good deal. Take a look at: http://www.xheli.com/?OVRAW=Control%...WID=9647019512 . Let me know what you end up with.... lykos
Old 11-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Playthings Etc.

I would suggest the E-flite heli's ( http://www.playthings-etc.com/cgi-bi...T&keywords=all ) . They are quite reliable, and are designed to drop hard without significant damage (as long as you don't leave the throttle wide open). Unlike the Dragonfly (and many other "throw-away" R/C products being sold in mass retailers), parts are not only easier to come by, but are worth buying as these are actually worth fixing. They come with everything you need to fly, including all batteries and charger (extra batteries are only around $11-12!). E-flite choppers also feature digital transmitters/receivers, which makes interference a thing of the past. Anyway, these are a best-seller at our store (we-ve had other brands in the past that have since been kicked to the curb for the reasons people have indicated in this thread), and we'll continue to deal with E-flite. They also offer high-end stunt heli's with more power for experienced pilots. Good luck finding the right one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87470.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1073862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63580.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	1073863   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47406.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	13.9 KB