Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 60 CNC rotor head

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Zorba1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 60 CNC rotor head

Hi you all.

My walkera 60 crashed and burned.
I got my self the upgrade kit for the rotor head and tail gear all CNC.

Now, I try to set it up. I start the throttle slowly and when is light on the skids, it wants to bank on the left ( looking from behind).
I adjust the trim to the fullest and it levels off.
Now the nose dives in. I adjust the trim for that too.
What is going on .I must of done this about ten times. Every time I adjust the links the same thing happens. The trim is all the way to the end.
Does anyone knows if the links are supposed to be the same length?
The swash plate is level.
The servo arms are off center a bit.
I though that there might be a problem with the paddles. I checked them and they are level.
I'm baffled for sure.

Thanks Sonnebee for the info on the connections. I got the servos working the proper way.
But it still wants to flip to the left.
Please help.
I'm a newbie and I can use all the help I can get in order to enjoy the sport.

Thanks
Bill
Old 09-10-2006, 12:25 PM
soneebee

Default RE: Walkera 60 CNC rotor head

Hi Bill,

The metal head on the DF60 must be all leveled as possible. the connection on the swash should be at 90° same with the servo horns.. this will give it the best balance it can get.. on the trims.. better check first on the mechanicals... it does have to be very well fixed.. on the servos if you are to adjust it at center start to set the TX all at center even the locked parameter from dipswitch 10 - 12, well that a good way to start it... and look if the servos on the collective are all at 90° if not move the servo horn to make everthing flat 90°. now on the connecting links from the servohorn up to the mixing arm this should also be equal... ones you get all this mechanical equal well the heli should be flying a little stable... on the mixer arm best to use some loctite on the nuts so it will not fall off... also make sure the that flybar is loose a little do not tighten the nut or the flybar will not move.. its a little best if it is kinda loose to make the balace more stable... since you already made changes on the head.. its best that you set the mechanicals to its best.. and just fine tune with the electrics....
Old 09-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Zorba1

Thanks Sonnebee.
I rearranged eveything around. I made sure that the RX is far away as possible from the electronics.

I uploaded some photos so you can see what I mean. If the positions are correct.
Thanks again
I will give it a try and lets hope for the best.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89525.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	521989   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk32033.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	521990   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg94380.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	521991   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd88582.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	521992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xi60723.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	521993  
Old 09-11-2006, 07:19 AM
soneebee

I see no problem on the setting of the head. it seems to be okay and the parts seem to be in the right place. For the battery. I think you should place it more on the front center of the heli. This is were the balance of the heli is best. since the lipo is not that big. Is that a 1300Mah battery pack better place it in the front side. I dont advise plugging the Walkera battery near the antenna.. the ESC location can be placed to the other side of the heli so it will be farther to the antenna.. this can cause glitches.. so its best that communication side is separated to power side.. this is just like a precaution.. but if it does not have glitches maintain the position,

Kindly see the way the servo moves.. if you say that you bank on the left when you increase the throttle there might be one servo that is not mixing right.. might be the aileron or the pitch that not moving right.. or opposite the direction... or not balance in movement.. The head seem to look fine on the pics...
Old 09-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Zorba1

Thank you for your support Sonnebee.
Well took it out to try it. Guess wath...Crashed and burned.
The tail rotor blades broke, The motor came apart, the main blades got tsewed up... thats enough I think.
Back in the box for now till some funds come available.
I knew I should of left the original head and tail on, but I like the looks of the metal.

Anyway thats all for now[&o]