Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Replacing electronics in new 22E Dragonfly - What will be compatible?

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Replacing electronics in new 22E Dragonfly - What will be compatible?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 11:51 AM
brandbrand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing electronics in new 22E Dragonfly - What will be compatible?

Hello,
I am really new to RC helicopters, and I decided to purchase a Dragonfly 22E mainly because of the cost, and it showed up the other day and both motors want respond. The servos seem to be working with slight sturdiness, but I can't get the motors to respond when hooked up to the receiver. So here is what I did.

1. Took a volt meter and checked the battery make sure it had the correct charge, and it does.
2. Unhooked the motors from the receiver and checked them by applying power directly to the motors. The tail rotor seems to work perfectly, however the main motor would not turn the blades.
3. I unhooked the main motor from the Helicopter, and applied power directly to the motor and it worked. I think the motor just don't work under a load?
4. I checked the power coming from the receiver, and there is none coming from the receiver going to the motors.

What do you guys recommend I do? I thought about just replacing the main motor along with the servo's, and the receiver? If I do this I wouldn't want to go with the cheap Walkera electronics, but I don't want to spend a lot of money until I know that I will like flying RC Helicopters. What will be compatible with the 22E?

Any advice for electronics that will work with my current 22E frame? Will I need to replace the remote? Is there a good cheap motor that is compatible with the 22E?

Like I said I am new to RC Heli's.

Old 10-22-2006, 05:20 AM
gordthebiker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Replacing electronics in new 22E Dragonfly - What will be compatible?

Make sure you that you....

1. Turn the radio on first.

2. Set the throttle trim all the way down & the throttle stick!!

3. Set the idle up switch to normal

Good luck