Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

what dragonfly heli would be best for me ?

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

what dragonfly heli would be best for me ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 01:06 PM
jeff03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what dragonfly heli would be best for me ?

hi,i want to get a heli and never flew one yet . i want to know if any body out there could help me . i was thinking on getting a dragonfly 22e but dont know enough to say if it would be a good trainer. i also was interested in draonfly 60. what s the main difference between these two aside an extra channel.does the 22e have a gyro and is it necessary ? i dont want to buy a cheap trainer that i will have to get rid of to get an intermediate heli after.want somethig that could hep me learn and when time comes uprade as i get experienced.i dont plan on beeing a pro , i juste want to have fun!!!thanks in advance for who ever helps me understand better.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:38 AM
mcdaniel

Default RE: what dragonfly heli would be best for me ?

The #1 training heli in the world is Dragonfly 4, or Esky honey bee 4 ch, forget df# 60 for now.
Good luck.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:00 PM
jonnygofast15

what about the 22e?
Old 11-21-2006, 01:26 PM
neweheliflyer

Go for the ESky 4CH one - [link=http://www.linknety.com/modevideos/demo/zoom.php?id=4]good quality than Walkera Dragonfly[/link]
Old 11-23-2006, 12:33 PM
wchiro

I would look at the the Dragonfly 39. It's a copy of the T-Rex and the parts interchange from what I understand. If you get hooked with Heli's you can replace your parts with T-Rex parts as you break them then end up with a T-rex......Get better electronics later if you can.

I have the Venom version of the 22E and it can be a handfull for the beginner. If the 39 is anything like the T-rex it would be alot more beginner friendly. Oh by the way I have a T-rex.....I've been thinking of getting a 39 just to see how it would compare with the T-rex and see if it would be worth while for a beginner just starting out (on a limited budget) to learn on. The 39 comes with a brushless. Here's a link:

http://www.uce-bestbuy.com/views.asp?hw_id=155

Edited: By the way replacing with T-Rex parts may be cheaper for example if you buy a T-rex mainshaft it comes with 3 shafts and lock ring for about $8.50 USD compared to $4.00 USD for 1 Walkera 39 mainshaft. Just do a little shopping

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Old 11-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Kevinator9

You could get the walkera 76c. It is 4 channel and when you have learnt all you can on it you can upgrade it to a 3d capable machine for around US$100.