Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Exceed RC Eagle 50

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 03:04 AM
qbanguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exceed RC Eagle 50

Hey ojohnsten,

Could you share from where did you get that metal/aluminum head. I figure before buying replacement (plastic parts), I better off buying something that will last longer.

Thanks

ORIGINAL: ojohnsten

Crash update.

I just think that IF this is the worst piece of 6channel crap then so must be the Walkera 22E and the Venom Night Ranger 3D. All three are the same bird. I will master this thing.

Have gotten clearance to go into the warehouse I work in on the weekends to learn with no wind. Loading docks are empty on weekends giving me plenty of inside room. Has snowed here last 4 days so repairing is all I got done this last weekend.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:40 PM
ojohnsten

I got mine through Hobby-Wing.com shipping for about anything is $13 bucks. Part prices are really reasonable. Fill the box and make the shipping worth it. It does take about 10 days, two weeks to get it here though. This stuff comes from China and it will come USPS. They do give you tracking info and I have had good luck getting everything I have ordered but before you go too far I was going to post this morning and ask if anyone else has had this happen?

They are sending me a replacement and I don't have to send the old one back but what the heck?? The thing just separated. The lip on the under side is so small that has to be expanded to hold on to the other side of the bearing I was wondering about pressing it in a vise or something with a socket about that size to try and reconnect. Wondered if anyone has dealt with this.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:57 PM
qbanguy

Thanks man, I should have waited, its funny I found the same website and went ahead and order the parts. I'm impatient what can I say. It's a shame that my first RC Heli turned out to be such a waste of money. I got it off the ground a few inches. However, when I went outside the thing just jumped and turn so fast that I had to pull the throwle down and it the landing was not good. I tried to fly it again a couple of times, then I realize once of the rotating head-rotor balls came off. Did you get a change to at least fly it with the new aluminum parts before breaking apart?
Old 02-06-2009, 03:25 PM
ojohnsten

qban

I flew it with the new head on it but if you look at the prior pictures, you will see I had the 4 in 1 laid flat and that made the thing uncontrollable. Don't know if the swash plate came apart while it was in the air or upon impact. Nothing else on the head broke tho. On the original plastic head, I crashed once and three of those little ball popped off. No linkage breaks or anything here which surprised me because you would think those plastic links would snap before this swash plate came apart.

I am all repaired except for a broken front landing gear. This broke even with the ping pong balls on it. Didn't order an extra as thought it would take a lot to bust this with the training gear on.

I replaced the swash with the original plastic one for now. Quick tip. Check your servos really close. Every crash I have replaced those blue servos from exceed. I replaced two with venom servos from tower hobby and they survived the last crash but once again I had to replace the blue exceed one. All three are venom now.

The only thing left stock on my bird is the tail motor assy and the main motor. Everything else is 22e or Venom Night Ranger 3D parts.

Have a look the balance issues in this thread. Moving the RX and the battery, I would say is a must.

Good luck
Old 02-08-2009, 01:55 AM
bad400

ORIGINAL: ojohnsten

I got mine through Hobby-Wing.com shipping for about anything is $13 bucks. Part prices are really reasonable. Fill the box and make the shipping worth it. It does take about 10 days, two weeks to get it here though. This stuff comes from China and it will come USPS. They do give you tracking info and I have had good luck getting everything I have ordered but before you go too far I was going to post this morning and ask if anyone else has had this happen?

They are sending me a replacement and I don't have to send the old one back but what the heck?? The thing just separated. The lip on the under side is so small that has to be expanded to hold on to the other side of the bearing I was wondering about pressing it in a vise or something with a socket about that size to try and reconnect. Wondered if anyone has dealt with this.
i have bought the swashplate on this heli 3 times already they all do the same. this heli is pure junk never well i buy an exceed heli ever again

i have a eagle 50 for sale
50 bucks plus shipping in the USA it comes out to like 65 bucks
only needs a blade grib/holder
anyone interested let me know
if i sell this piece of crap i can buy parts for a better heli that i have its call a blade 400
Old 02-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Ah Clem

I have had a Venom Night Ranger 3D since about Christmas of 2005. An Exceed Eagle 50 since about the time they came out.

For being very similar, the quality of the Venom machine has been superior (in terms of electronics). The Venom also has support/help in the US, which is very useful.

Both of the machines fly fine. I did have to replace one of the blue servos in the Eagle immediately, and the transmitter shortly thereafter (the transmitter's throttle/collective mixing failed).

Both of the machines fly fine. The Venom has the metal head and swashplate, and the brushless upgrade, so it has a lot more power. The Eagle is still running the stock motor-it flies fine, for just cruising around-nothing spectacular, but certainly flyable and reasonable easy to fly.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:03 AM
ruddernate

yeah it's flyable (not enjoyable)but you will have to replace electronics shortly. (on the eagle 50) don't know about the night ranger, but the eagle's parts are pathetic. i'm not the only one to think so either. there are tons of people on many different forums who've had similar experience as myself with this heli. anyone who's bought one knows it's junk, unless they work for the company they'll tell you that. you said you had to replace a tx and a servo right off. you wouldn't have to do that with a decent heli. i'm not someone who doesn't know helis or how to fly them. i have a shop full of all size helis and the eagle 50 is on the bottom of the quality list. i know it's only a $100 dollar heli, but the electronics on mine are good for 3 or 4 flights at most and then it's back to ordering. so, i'm no longer ordering. it makes a decent paperweight i guess, but so does a rock and i can find those for free.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:07 PM
bad400

for sale a eagle 50 and a walkera 52
both for a 100 dollars plus shipping anywhere in the USA
Old 02-23-2009, 10:26 PM
JakeFortune

I wouldn't give or sell my Eagle 50 to anyone. I threw it away. It came with a defective RX. I put a new one in since I couldn't get a RMA. Crashed almost immediately on lift off. Broke all the parts that are no longer available or "SOLD OUT." Great. I won't be putting anymore money into it. I definitely do not recommend it.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:09 AM
ruddernate

wise decision. save it for a decent helicopter.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:36 AM
ojohnsten

Had to put the Helo stuff on hold. Not a lot of confidence in the new administration. Picked this up before they take away my right to even own it.

Hope to be able to concentrate on RC again soon. Guess maybe I suffer from ADD.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:22 AM
ruddernate

very nice ojohnsten.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:25 PM
bigpurden

well i just went to Hobby-wing.com and ordered all my replacement parts for the eagle 50 ( walkera 22e) including the metal upgraded head and all componets that go wit hit and a few other things that im sure to break again.. with shipping only 62 dollars for a grip of stuff.. ill let you all know if it all fits and works right.. cant seem to get xheli.com to get anything done or even suggest something that will interchange... thanks to this site ive found a plethra of knowledge...
anymore suggestions on instalin this metal head would be greatly appericated.. im def a rookie and all that.. i also got an extra set of blades and a pitch adjustment tool so i would be able to try and make it perf from the beggining.. any help on using that tool would be great also.. thatnks everyone for your help..
Old 03-28-2009, 11:19 PM
ruddernate

check out bob finless' setup videos on helifreak.com . you'll find all kinds of info on basic setup. none of it will be specific to your heli but the general pitch setup is universal. i've finally hung my eagle from the ceiling in my shop for decoration.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:52 PM
C. Walker

ok i have a question, i have an eagle 50 and it is getting little to no lift and i have tryed just about everything does anyone know of a way i could fix it?
Old 05-02-2009, 04:54 PM
C. Walker

ya i had this same thing happen to me i was just walking w/ hit *puttin my fingers through the fly bar* and all of a suden it droped a lil bit and i looked down and it was seperated and i was like ***? lol so ya whats that all about?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:44 PM
dchin62973

I just modified my Walkera #22E heli for a brushless main motor, Blue CNC Metal rotor head assembly,carbon fiber composite blades, the Super Skids 300 Landing gear system with the Adapter 22, the Super Skids Titanium Tail boom 305, 11.1 volt 1,000mah LIPO, and an ON/OFFSwitch. It's awesome flying for a low priced 6-channel CP heli.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4pdlMgfP08[/youtube]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt55980.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1192911   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16247.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	1192912  
Old 05-30-2009, 07:08 PM
mattkaine

I need a link to the Exceed 50 manual. Currently l I have a
 E-Sky Honey Bee CP2 .....with broken rotor and ball links on swash plate different than the Exceed - Walkera motors are the same tho
2 Walkera 22e both burnt out main rotor motor both burnt with heat sinks and low time on motors, one stock, one missing  rx and servos
1 Exceed Eagle 50

Currently I am using   the Exceed TX and RX  my problem is that I learned on a sim and learned backwards on the rudder. So instead of the stick moving the nose I learned with the stick moving the tail. OR when I move the tail stick to the left heli rotates clockwise not the normal way. My screw up but it just makes more sense to me. I have spent the last couple of days trying to reteach my self the right way but it just isn't happening. I have spent 800hrs on the sim at this point so it is kinda engrained now. What I have just figured out is that the rudder reverse dip switch  does not truely reverse the function of the rudder and Gyro. Normal - tail speed works fine Dip switch #4 reversed controls work the way I want them but I have to move the trim slider all the way to the left and give constant left stick to keep the heli pointed the direction I wanted. I have adjusted the gyro to max settings and  it seems to work fine when the #4 dip switch is normal but not reversed.

So here is my question what does dip #5 labled RUD MIX and dip#6 labled RUD MIX REV do???? The walkera TX do not have these and neither do the Venom 3D micro. So I have no idea what these do. They sound like they could possibly fix my problem but I didn't notice any difference when I flipped them. So any help would be greatly apprecieted.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:48 AM
dchin62973

For a user's manual and an exploded diagram Goto: http://www.rtf-heli.com/Downloads.html

Hope this info helps.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:55 AM
simio7331

I've ordered one of these, awaiting shipment next week. 2.4Ghz version for $89 at xheli.com is a slick deal.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:47 PM
dchin62973

At $89.00, the 2.4 GhZ Exceed Eagle 50 5-channel is a steal. Considering, the 2.4Ghz Tx alone is $69.99. A more interesting thought would be the older 72Mhz Exceed Falcon 40 4-channel FP sells for $84.00 and the E-SKY HBFP 4- Channel FP heli sells for $89.00.

I just ordered another one, as xheli.com has extended the deal. Order some spare parts to add upto $100 and enter coupon code "CJFREE" and get free shipping. What a deal. Get them while they are hot. With the money saved get the totally brushless system for this heli coming the first week of August. This will be a game changer NO MORE TAIL Motors to ever replace. And IMO, better than a belt CP as the brushless motor is acting as a direct drive. There is no belt slippage tension problems and if it breaks, the repair is nice and easy. PM me if interested.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:30 PM
pilotpilatuspc12

Ok......here's my story.....from the beginning....

I started out by buying my friend's Aerobird Challenger rc airplane for about $100 and it flew flawlessly (but no aerobatics). Then one time, I decided to let my dad (I am 17) fly it and..... yup.......he crashed it. Bad move!!!!! Ok so I took the guts out of it and have had it in my room ever since. I have occasionally used it to supe up my walmart rc car, which usually went about 2mph, but after the upgrad went about 20mph (usually ending in a side over side roll after taking a turn too fast; pieces flying everywhere). So I set that aside and decided to order myself a Walkera 22e from Nitroplanes. It came ontime with nothing wrong with it. So on it's maiden checkup flight in my room in the house, Iwas planning on just spooling it up and checking it. Well..... Ihad the flight mode switch in mode 1 (not normal) and it spooled up all the way. Being as crazy as i am, i put the throttle to the top and it flew gracefully around the room for about 2 seconds before smashing into the wall and doing the dead chicken dance. The motor fried and all. So i sent it back and instead got the Eagle 50. The eagle 50 proved to be a great heli, not much wrong with it.... just a few minor problems that I will discuss later. So flew it about 10 times and then crashed it. The crash chopped up the blades, bent the tail boom, and snapped the swash plate ball and socket linkages (the small ones). So I put on the spare blades, bent the boom back, and order new linkages. I put the new linkages on and took it out for a spin and............ now it shakes like a guy having a seizure. So I talked to andy on the exceed rc support forum here on RCU and he said it could either be my blade tracking or the main rotor shaft is bent.

So..........now that that's over, can anyone help me STEP BY STEP to take out the main shaft. I am new to this, and do not want to break anything.

Also a few of those problems I mentioned earlier.

1. My flight mode switch does not make contact when I put it in aerobatic mode. I think it is just the contact between the switch and the circuit, but would like to see what you guys think and how to fix it.
2. I have the rudder trim switch set all the way to the right, and still have to put in right rudder during the entire flight to keep the heli straight. I tested the gyro, and it is working correctly, but it is not correcting this constant slow left rudder turning tendency.

Overall, the 50 is a good heli. Not really recommended for beginners (me) but is stil nice to fly.

If anyone can help...... I'd reeeeeealy appreciate it. Iwanna get back up in the air soon.

Thanks all.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:30 AM
blufire

Has anyone ever setup their Eagle 50 to work with a headlock gyro? This thing REALLY wanders and is frustrating to learn on... beginner heli my ass!
Old 04-15-2013, 01:48 PM
rparn2
My Feedback: (11)

you may be able to add a heading hold gyro but with the tail using a motor you would have to do a lot of rewiring not sure it would be worth it I would get a 450 trex clone of some sort and stay cheap on electronics to start with simulator is a good starting point to I know this is not what you wanted to hear but that little bird is just not a beginner helicopter just my 2 cents worth have a great day Rick
Old 05-01-2013, 07:05 PM
blufire

Last 15 Posts - reverse chronological order
Thanks rparn2 for your suggestion. You are probably right that the rewiring may be time intensive. I will take your suggestion about the TRex upgrade to a 450, from now on if anyone asks about where to start I'll tell them to save up the extra money and buy a decent CP with the electronics already to fly.

Simulator didn't really work for me. Video games and reality are not on the same playing field.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.