Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

22E worth it????<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 05:39 AM
gumby0000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 22E worth it????<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hey peeps

I havn't read the whole thread about the 22E, but bits and pieces that i did read got me a bit concerned!

I am about to purchase a 22E from a company in Australia and im just worried I'll spend more time repairing it then flying it! Even i was a fantastic pilot it sounds like they just break like worn out old people when flown normally!

Are they really worth it? Do they break down as much as it seems?

Be serious! please

Are there any honest reviews for the 22E out there?

Thanks
Old 01-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Rattlecat

Default RE: 22E worth it????<<<<<<<<<<<<<

What you will see on that or any thread is a collection of everyone's problems that exagerate in your mind and sound worse. But yes, there will be lots of problems and you will be constantly replacing the same parts that go bad in just a few hours of operation. They will never refine the problem, only design a new heli with new problems. It's all I can do to stay sober, so I put up with it. Otherwise it's get bored and into who knows what. Now get out there and move that mountain for a toy heli !!!

SB
Old 01-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Orion1024

gumby0000,

Originally I started with the #4 and upgraded a lot of stuff to get it working well. Then after about 6 months of flying the #4, I bought a 36 for a larger CP machine. I had such good luck with the 36 operating well from day one, I just bought another one and same thing - no problems with it yet. For this last purchase I was debating between the 22E or another 36. The 22E is a lot cheaper than the 36 and looks to be a pretty good heli, but there's still the dreaded tail motor to deal with. This was a big part of my decision to get another 36, as my experience with the #4 has taught me that the tail motor is one of the biggest problems you will have to deal with. I'm not saying to not get the 22E, but just expect to have problems with the tail motor not working well or burning out quickly. Aside from that, I don't think a heli with a tail motor is ever going to give you the same precision or authority a belt drive tail will. For the money, the 22E would probably still be a good choice, though.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:51 PM
E_Heli

The W#22e forum has all the info you need. There's always 2 side of the story, you have to make your own decision.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:02 PM
walkera22e

I certainly hope its a good helicopter. I ordered mines last week, shipped. It will be at my house on Saturday. I am very excited!!
(first heli ever)
Old 01-25-2007, 09:09 PM
scorp27

I love my NR3D (22e) just dont get it and think its actually RTF, be sure to go over it from top to bottom and check everything.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:43 PM
AeroDave

Mine has been frustrating and fun, pretty much all at the same time. I've found I can fabricate repairs for most things with stuff laying around the shop. I'm not sure its really a quality product, but mine has survived a lot of mishaps and is still flying. No matter what heli you get, it will always be something. Tinkering, modifying and repairing is just part of the game. With these small electrics, test flying/hovering can be part of a day working on helis, too, as you can do it in your own basement. So even though I break things and have problems, I have had some really fun winter days fixing, rebuilding and testing my heli right at home. Its brough a new dimention to a 30+ year hobby. Just try to enjoy the journey and not get too frustrated. I think you're in for a great time!