Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Walkera 22e blade tracking adjustment

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 22e blade tracking adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 10:55 PM
jaystersj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 22e blade tracking adjustment

Hey everyone... I'm new to this site and i'm looking for a little help.... First of all i'll give you all a little back round... My first heli was a colco apache 4 channel.... I mastered flying that in no time.. the heli is toast now ,, due to the fact i let my gf try it... So ,, i purchase a Walkera 22E , which had been sitting in the box for 4 mths now.... I decided i'd bring it out and give it a go.... well,, its not really going anywhere... I'm having a little problem with the main blades tracking,... while kneeling beside it i've notice that one blade tracks much higher then the other one... My question is....Which rods do you adjust to fix this problem... the 22 e has 3 long rods.. which go from the servo's to the swash plate...and from the swash plate there are 2 more long rods which go to the fly bar( i think that what is called).. Then there are 2 short rods which connect to those 2 rods, so which rods would you adjust to fix this problem.. Everything i find tells you to adjust the rods but not one says which rods to adjust.. Any help would be greatly app... Thanks Jay.... Newbie...[:@]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16560.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	1010352  
Old 08-13-2008, 10:32 AM
jaystersj

Default RE: Walkera 22e blade tracking adjustment

Well ,, i got the tracking right,, then while testing it alittle bit i hit the coffee table,,, there going another set of blades and a linkage rod broke......its together again, good thing i have some spare parts kickin around....have to spend a little more time adjusting because it seems to want to fly left( sideways) now.. sure that is just another rod....
Old 08-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Tommyjoking

Jaysters first thing: I know this seems like a small heli...but don't fly or test it inside your House!! You can track your blades with it restrained on a table or by holding the skids tightly in your hands.. The 22e is a very quick heli, it can climb and pitch over very fast.

Disconnect your main and tail motors: Turn on TX (throttle down) and plug in bat, after the RX on heli initializes your swash should be level in all directions and your servos arms should all be close to 90 degrees. If its not this is adjusted with the three links coming from the servos, adjust servo arms by letting the heli initialize and then removing and repositioning the servo arms. Most guys run the short links from the flybar to the blade grips all the way in for strength, and do all blade tracking adjustments with the two long links going from swash to flybar. All of them want to go left on takeoff and very near the ground.

Ideal adjustment will mean 1. that at full throttle your flybar assembly will just bottom out on the T-block. 2. your at -1 to zero pitch until 50% - 60% throttle you should just start getting + pitch and lift around 60% . (For now keep the toggle switch on right side in up) position) You can fine tune the "zero pitch point" on the throttle as well as the amount of pitch travel with the two knobs on the TX. Have motors unplugged etc. Unlock dip switch #8 on back of tx to be able to make adjustments......the Knob on the right P.I.T (pitch initial zero) will adjust when you start getting positive pitch on the throttle, the knob on left P.L.T. (Pitch length of Travel?) will adjust the total range of travel your servos have and thus the total amount of pitch. When you think you got it set well flip the idle up switch on right side and go full-to zero throttle and make sure you have no binding issues or too much travel. Flip the idle up back...lock dip #8....hook your motors up and go fly

I highly suggest reading thru "walkera 22e lets talk" thread as there is a wealth of info there.....great place to ask questions on it too.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:12 PM
jaystersj

thanks for your response... I've done most of those things and finally had it near perfect before i hit the table.... I have one more set of new blades left.... I think i'm going to order up the Metal Head as the plastic one is cheap and the rods break very easy....the little knobs that the rods snap on to are what usually brake. SO i think i'm just going to go to the hobby store and get the right size balls that the rods snap on too and drill metal ones into it.....i don't want to buy new linkage again. At first this bird wouldn't even get off the ground so i'm making some progress after reading lots of stuff in that forum( over 500 posts)... Is there anything i should do with the gyro too.. It seem like the battery life only lasts about 4 mins.... I don't know if its just a bad battery or not.....It didn't come with practice gear but i can sure slide it around pretty good on the wood floors..... until i hit something.....at first it would bog down at full throttle,, but now i can almost put it to full without the bogging....it also seems to have a lot of pitch travel,, meaning that i can change the pitch of the blades from one extreme to the other....with the plt i think.. is there a way to make so there is let travel..????? Thanks
Old 08-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Tommyjoking

Yes if you turn down the PLT it will reduce your total amount of travel. You can order LOSI balls for it as there about 4 bux for ten or so online. I believe its LOSI 1051 "I think".

Here is a more detailed post on setup: [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7766607]22e initial setup[/link]
Old 08-13-2008, 05:16 PM
jaystersj

Thanks Tommy
Old 08-17-2008, 04:05 PM
jaystersj

Well,, i took it outside this weekend..... my flight time was a slow 10 seconds ,,, then Bammmmm... It pitched right then right into the ground ,,, broke the blade holder, bent a rod.... starting to think this things a piece of crap.......I got the full metal head on the way but i'm thinking i'll try it a few more times.... if it doesn't fly i might sell it....but we'll have to see....
Old 08-18-2008, 01:48 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its not a piece of crap, just very sensitive to inputs.. any movement that you make has to be slow or it will pitch over and you know the result.. It was designed for 3D flight and thats why its tougher to fly then most... I've been flying mine for about 8 months now and its been through a few accidents and very little damage to report.. I liked it so much, I purchased another one for my son as well.. Both are flying great...
Old 08-18-2008, 02:01 PM
jaystersj

i also might try moving the servo rods in to try and make it less sensitive... you really start to know how everything works when you start taking it apart
Old 08-18-2008, 02:19 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that should help.. once you get used to it then set it back...
Old 08-19-2008, 03:32 PM
jaystersj

I bought some training balls for it today,,, just waiting for my parts to come so i can redo the head..... yuppie
Old 08-24-2008, 07:30 PM
jaystersj

Today I got myself another 22E used off of E Bay with a tons of extra parts..... So i think i'll fix mine with the extra parts and rebuild the new used one...sweet[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19095.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1018680  
Old 08-25-2008, 08:12 PM
jaystersj

My metal head showed up today,,, i've almost got it all together but i've noticed that everthing seems a little stiff.... is it ok to add a little greese or oil to it to losen it up? Or will it losen up after breaking it in?