Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

My new Heli Lama SA-315B Dragonfly , got some questions

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

My new Heli Lama SA-315B Dragonfly , got some questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 02:32 AM
Custnam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My new Heli Lama SA-315B Dragonfly , got some questions

Ok, if you looked at the pics and are saying that its not a real Lama, I read that somewhere else so I know it may be a knock-off. But it flies great, I got it is a trade, so Im happy. But I have a few questions about the battery and the charger that came with it. The battery is a Walkera 7.4V 800 MAH Lipo. The charger is a very typical wall charger. Its a Class 2 Power supply Model DU090100D. Input 120VAC 60HZ 15W. Output 9VDC 1000 MAH. My question is, how can this standard wall charger be charging a lipo? I use to have a CX-2 and it had a special charger with a balancer also that was designed ONLY for lipos, so it surprised me that this came this way. It came in the kit, just like that, the only difference is a small adapter that goes from the typical barrel plug to the small red one on the battery. Im new to Helis, and fairly new to Lipos, so this was strange to me. It charges it, but I cant figure out if its doing it right. The charger has 2 leds on it, one red one green. When you plug in the charger with no battery, both LEDS are on. When you hook up the battery the red LED goes out and the green stays on. It stays like this so a long time. So Im not sure what is suppose to indicate a full charge. The instructions did not say a thing about the battery or charger. So no help there. Ive included some pics to help figure this out. Im going to be getting another battery for this, so Im thinking Ill pick up the charger and balancer kit that the CX-2 has and use that instead. Thanks and I hope Im posting in the right section. In the past everytime I posted a Heli related question Id always get a response like " wrong area to post this" Anyway, thanks guys.

PS, I also was wondering what a few of the functions on the transmitter are, Ive tried all 3 and none seem to do anything so Im guessing they are just optional channels for add-ons. Ive highlighted the parts of the transmitter that I have in question below.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11130.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	1023559   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk17710.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1023560   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gr91795.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1023561   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hj86733.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1023562  
Old 09-01-2008, 02:37 AM
Custnam

Default RE: My new Heli Lama SA-315B Dragonfly , got some questions

Another easy question. I had a semi bad crash, and the rear adjustable wing (sorry not sure what its called) broke and I lost the piece that broke off. Does this piece have an actual function? Or is it just for looks like the rear blade? I circled the part in question in the pic below. Also does anyone have a link or a manual that explains the extent and sensitive adjustments. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75512.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1023563  
Old 09-01-2008, 04:59 AM
bladeskiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your transmitter looks like my walkera 5#4 one. It has also those switches that have no effect on this heli. Probably the same transmitter is used for more than one models.
Don't worry about the broken wing. It has no real effect on this heli.
Now about the adjustments. The "sensitive" adjustment is for the gyro gain. You should turn it all the way to the right and then about 20 degrees to the left and start from there. If the tail drifts rappidly, you should turn the adjust screw 5 degrees to the right, increasing the gain and try again. If the tail hunts, you should turn the screw to the left. Every time you adjust gyro gain you must disconnect the battery and reconnect it in order for the 4 in 1 to restart with the new gyro gain setting. The "extent" adjustment limits the servo travell. Start with the screw in the middle of its travell. If you want the heli more smooth, you should turn the screw a little to the left in order to decrease the servo travell and try again. If the heli seems to be lazy ,you should turn the screw to the right in order to increase the servo travell. You have to do the same thing as for gain about battery disconnecting and reconnecting.
Hop it helps.

Kostas from Athens.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:05 AM
Custnam

This is a great help. And Ill do all that as soon as I get the thing flying again. One of the motors is going out. It doesnt start until the other is almost full throttle. Im already getting sick of this thing, and I may just buy a micro cx-2 and sell this for dirt cheap assuming I get it flying again. Thank you very much for your help. Im sure Ill be coming back to this thread again soon. Have a good one and God Bless.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:31 PM
klaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get new motors for it for like $10