Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

The world's first 2.4 Ghz Walkera 76C???

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

The world's first 2.4 Ghz Walkera 76C???

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:33 PM
ausaero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The world's first 2.4 Ghz Walkera 76C???

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to advise that I have managed to modify my old Walkera 76C (4 Channel) to make it fly with a Walkera 4G1A Receiver and Transmitter. Actually, it all started when I got a 2.4 Ghz Walkera HM 5#10 which comes with a WK 2401 transmitter.

I bought a 76C about a year ago. That thing never saw the light of day because I crashed it within 10 seconds of me turning it on.
The glitches were just too much to handle. All the researches I made in the several forums suggested that I go separates. THat was never an option as I also have a Walker 60B (Collective Pitch). I didnt see the point of spending so much money to modify a 4 channel heli to a 6 channel just to make it fly.

Anyway...As I was also thinking of getting a 4G1A, I noticed that the 5#10 and 4G1A share the same transmitter (WK 2401).
Since the mechanics of 4#1/4G1A are the same as the 76C, I thought I'd try a little experiment.

I got myself a 4G1A receiver, 7.4 Lipo and a new set of Fibreglass blades. Then I modified the motor connectors (believe it or not, they are still held by electrical tapes - not soldered, not yet), played around with the dip switches and pots in the receiver, and then voila!!! A brand spanking old 76C that runs on 2.4 Gigz!!!

THe new 2.4 Ghz rx and 7.4 lipo are very light. I had to move the C.G. forward. A bit of plastic has been fitted to hold the battery in place with cable ties (reusable).

I believe its the first in the world!!! Been flying in yesterday and can't tell you how happy I am about the outcome.
I already have a few more mods that I want to do like, Speed 300 Motor, 22E Metal Head Upgrade and 3S 1200mah lipo.
The tail is holding up quite well at the moment, so I wonder if I ever will have to go DD.

I will post pictures as soon as I get home tonight from work.

Cheers.

Ausaero
Old 09-09-2008, 06:58 AM
ausaero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The world's first 2.4 Ghz Walkera 76C???

Here are the pics I promised.

Im still thinking of doing further mods, ie Speed 300 and a DD tail.

Note the green battery holder. Guess what? Thats a mint Tic Tac dispenser!
Its as if it was made for my 2S Lipo battery.

Will post more pics as I go along. At the moment, it flies just great!

Cheers.

Ausaero.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91224.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	1029563   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58754.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1029564   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx60725.jpg