Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

4g3 brushless tial motor decent or crap?

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

4g3 brushless tial motor decent or crap?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 02:32 PM
animalnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4g3 brushless tial motor decent or crap?

I was just over on wowhobbies and there are two different tail motor packages, one made made by Walkera 2g(bushings) and another turbo ace thats 2.9g (bb), they say the 2g can not take take a crash and that you should pick up there other version(30.00 more) because it,s tougher is it a marketing sceme? because it also states that the walkera main motor brushless upgrade will not keep up with this tail and you also nee the turbo ace main motor, so has anyone had any trouble with the walkera brushless tail is it ok for the price, or is it crap pouring out on the net to make an extra buck or is it really just garbage?
Old 10-08-2009, 03:43 PM
helihoodlem

Default RE: 4g3 brushless tial motor decent or crap?

No its not a scam the 2.9g is a better motor than the 2.0g (1.9g) it will last longer and it uses a different mount so if you do buy the 2.0g version and later upgrade to the 2.9 it will cost you more, I think the mount is $20 on its own + cost of motor.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:46 PM
joeyhatch11

I was told the stock BL motor can pop out/break off in a light crash. The 2.9g upgrade solves that problem.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:01 PM
fretman

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

I was told the stock BL motor can pop out/break off in a light crash. The 2.9g upgrade solves that problem.
the 2.9g motor doesn't solve that problem. It still pops out and it still breaks.. just not as easily. But it is a better motor than the stock 2g.

And you should check out the motor holder made by jjetski, I think clubheli sells them. the wow ones break easily