Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 4#6

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 06:06 PM
NeilS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 4#6

Got my 4#6 last night. It feels more like a larger heli (my inexperienced opinion) as its no where near as stable as the cb100.

Its what Iwas looking for though as the CB100 is now too easy to fly....Well, to easy to putt around the house as I do

My questions is....On all other heli's, when you power up to lift off the heli 'normally' wants to bank left, you then apply a little right and up she goes, this is different. It immediately slides left but then with a little more throttle it banks right.....

Anyone else with this heli find the same?

The swatch is level and all looks fine..

Cheers

N
Old 03-09-2010, 06:50 PM
klaze

Default RE: Walkera 4#6

The 4#6 has a very different head then the cb100.

not self stabilizing.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:00 PM
NeilS

Your right its not, and for me thats a good thing as I don't think you learn much about hovering/flying these helicopters whilst the heli is helping stabalise itself...

Old 03-09-2010, 07:33 PM
AtTheCross

can you get into a hover? with these guys you tend to have a little right tilt (looking tail to nose) on the swash versus a perfectly level swash on a CP heli

a direct answer to your question is no it shouldn't do that but need to know if you can get to hover before I can be of more help
Old 03-09-2010, 08:27 PM
NeilS

Thanks for your reply. Looking at the heli from the nose it does look as though there's a little left lean on the swash which would account for the movement I'm seeing.

I have had it hover, but I'm still getting a feel for it.....

I'll make a small change to the swash and see what happens......I just thought it was weird as every other heli wants to lean left on take off
Old 03-09-2010, 08:39 PM
NeilS

It also came with the thicker paddles, are either of the paddles improve the stability for someone learning to fly this ?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:46 PM
AtTheCross

the thicker paddles slows the heli down, but can cause 'bobbing' I'd stick with the thin paddles and if anything maybe turn down the ext pot, will decrease servo throw until you're ready to move it around a lot. You should see a left surge at lift off and a little right stick till you out of ground effect is all you should have to do and then fly. make sure your paddles are level
Old 03-09-2010, 08:48 PM
AtTheCross

looking at the nose and you see left lean on the swash is 'normal' don't level the swash until you can get a hover. once in a hover adjust trim tabs until you remove all drift from the heli. after you do that, then adjust servo links until your trim tabs are back at center. TAKE YOUR time with this you will LOVE this heli after you get it set up mechanically
Old 03-10-2010, 05:14 PM
joeyhatch11

Hey guys I had to share my new mod. I think it came out great and added awsome stability to the heli. But do note that this will not work with the stock motor. I have upgraded to the Turbo Ace 31714. Awsome simple mod. Let me know what you think.

The skids are from a Walkera CB180D. I had to cut the landing tubs when I got done because they were too long. I also remounted the boom supports to the top of the landing gear where the orginal holes were for the 180D to be mounted.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:47 PM
joeyhatch11

With canopy:

Old 04-29-2010, 10:16 AM
s.elliott

I got my 4#6 a few weeks ago as my next step above the coax 5#10 I started on.  Much more challenging (obviously) and a lot more fun.  I see now that the 4#6S has come out and is supposed to be more self stabalizing.  I purposely didn't buy the CB100 or 180D because I thought that might defeat the purpose of moving up from the coax.  Can anyone say if the 4#6S is just a better version of the 4#6 that is still intended for intermediate pilots, or if it is supposed to push it back more toward the beginner level?

If it's supposed to make it easier for beginners than I'd feel better not having the latest version of the 4#6.  After all, I'm trying to build my skills on more advanced helicopters.  But I hate that feeling when you buy something and a week later there's a newer version!
Old 04-29-2010, 10:27 AM
macz

My 6s is on it's way I'll post up when I get itzzz
Old 04-29-2010, 07:59 PM
s.elliott

Can anyone tell me where I can buy this newer version landing gear for the 4#6?  It looks like this is what the new 4#6s and 4G6s is shipping with, but all I see for spares are the original flimsy skids.  

Old 04-30-2010, 06:45 PM
macz

try rc711 or helipal.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:11 AM
s.elliott

I decided to order the 4#6S  receiver (RX-2433) for my 4#6 so see how it flies.  It'll be delivered tomorrow so I'm pretty anxious to test it out.  Also just replaced the stock motor with the HP06S motor upgrade combo from chinesejade.  Much better throttle response.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:48 PM
macz

Just got her today....wow really small.. Charged up the batteries flies a little eratic more than my cb180d.. Have to get her up and outta the wash. Pretty stable once she's up. Seems like I was fighting her left and right. Pretty sensative on the controls...
Old 05-05-2010, 01:15 AM
s.elliott

Ok so I got my new receiver today, the RX-2433.  Prior to installing this thing, I was getting pretty good with my 4#6 with the stock receiver (tail-in anyway).  I was even able to handle it out in some wind over the weekend, probably 5mph or so, and have been feeling pretty good about my progress.

After installing the RX-2433 I feel like everything is falling apart!  I'm still very new and trying not to get too frustrated, but it's tough.  Everything is now out of whack and needs much adjusting.  The heli is all over the place and is a little twitchy too.  It also wants to spin slowly, rather than staying dead straight like it used to.  Very frustrating.  I've been adjusting rods and trimming for a couple hours and it's still not there.  Since my 4#6 was pretty well set up out of the box I've never had to do much in terms of setting it up myself.  Now that I'm starting from scratch I can see that I'm not that good at it.  Can anyone point me to some good instructions on setting up FP helicopters?  I've been winging it and only getting more frustrated.  There are some vids on youtube that gloss over it quickly, but I'm hoping for some comprehensive step-by-step instructions.

I wish I could get this right so I can really evaluate the difference between the stock receiver and the 2433.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:19 AM
crashexpert

Anyone tried to upgrade this [link=http://blog.rc-fever.com/2010/08/walkera-4-6-926/]Walkera 4#6[/link] to 4g6? is it just piece of cake?