Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Walkera RX2437S Receiver Explaination

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera RX2437S Receiver Explaination

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 08:08 PM
etopsflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera RX2437S Receiver Explaination

Guys

I have a 180Z and not having much luck with getting it to fly stable.

Can anybody explain the dial pots on the receiver and also the 2 other switches for adjustment and balance.

There are 3 gyro pots, each for aileron, elevator and rudder. I know this adjusts the sensitivity/gain of the associated gyro axis. So the higher (more +ve) i turn the pot, the more the gyro is going to stabilize my flight for that control.

There are two other pots, one for aileron/elevator extent and the other for rudder extent. I am assuming these pots control the actual travel for the corresponding control relative to my control sticks. so the higher (more +ve) i turn it, the greater the travel.

Okay, lastly the 2 switches. I understand that the balance switch is simply a gyro on/off switch. The other, the adjustment switch needs to be set to 'WK' for flight but is set to 'ADJ' for adjustment. My question is why does it have to be set to this position for adjustment and do you power up for adjustments.

Also, can anybody confirm that when trimming the heli, the servos shoudl not lag behind the actual tx trim adjustment. I am finding my trims are time delayed. I think this to be abnormal. Could this be a receiver problem?

Pls comment on the above and correct my thinking if I am wrong and pls add if you can help my understanding of the workings/settings of this receiver.

Cheers

Etops
Old 06-17-2010, 02:48 PM
DEATHPROOFHELI

Default RE: Walkera RX2437S Receiver Explaination

Its cause the new 180Z sucks! Eveyone is PISSED at that heli...so many threads about how unhappy they are, i have the 180D. Its awesome. You should cut your losses an buy one. It cheaper an really tough. I just ordered my dad one. Im very happy with the D. I dont see what all the hype is, They make it sound like the Z will fly itself cause of the 3 axis gyro, what the fun in that? Oh an it has a two piece tail piece an brushless motor ...(that strips main gears) The D is so much fun...
Old 06-17-2010, 05:10 PM
etopsflight

@deathproofheli

i've seen your youtube videos and i wish i was where you are.

i know the rx2437s rx is not going to fly the 180z for me but once set up properly, the z should fly like a coaxial. the 3 axis gyro should just make things a bit smoother. i am just annoyed that the instructions dun give a decent explanaiton of how the pots work.

judging by the lack of comments here, not many people know either! just wanna know in layman's term, how each pot/switch works.

cheers

etops
Old 06-27-2010, 08:17 AM
rcagpilot83

The trims are always a lil behind, if the heli is drifting left lets say and you start giving it right trim, it takes a bit for the correction to happen. As far as pot adjustments go you got it right, just remember that if the gain is set to high the heli will wobble. You'll notice it more with the ele, ail, than the tail. At one point on my 4#6S I had my tail gain about 3/4s the way up and it was nice at a hove but when I'd fly around the tail would wag back and forth. My other pots are at about half way.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:17 AM
etopsflight

@rcagpilot

Not been here in ages as my flying has been dormant.

Thanks for the advice and tips.

Cheers

Etops