Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 4#3b problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 10:31 AM
hansihe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 4#3b problems

Hi!

I just got a used Walkera 4#3b with RX2406 reciever, WK-2401 remote and im pretty happy with it.
However there is a few problems i have.

The first thing i noticed was the tail motor sometimes cutting/getting weaker. It usually gets better again after a few seconds but its a little bit irritating.

The second thing i noticed was the heli strafing to the left. I have to take the trimming slider all to the right and the aluminum ring is down on the right side so it should strafe right. I have adjusted the flybar and but it didnt work.

Help?
Old 08-31-2010, 04:10 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera 4#3b problems

ORIGINAL: hansihe

Hi!

I just got a used Walkera 4#3b with RX2406 reciever, WK-2401 remote and im pretty happy with it.
However there is a few problems i have.

The first thing i noticed was the tail motor sometimes cutting/getting weaker. It usually gets better again after a few seconds but its a little bit irritating.

The second thing i noticed was the heli strafing to the left. I have to take the trimming slider all to the right and the aluminum ring is down on the right side so it should strafe right. I have adjusted the flybar and but it didnt work.

Help?
All FP helis tend to lean to the left and move to the left on takeoff.. the way I fixed mine was set all the trims on the radio to center and you will need to add about 5 degrees right tilt to the swash. As for the flybar it has nothing to do with it, just make sure you have the same distance on both sides of the head, also yo can ad about 2-4 degrees of positive pitch to the paddles and it will be much more stable in flight. As for the tail motor they make a better upgrade motor for the heli for the same price as the stock one I think, sounds like the tail motor may be going bad... Also if you are running the brushless main motor then you may need to up the C rating of the batts because the main will be sucking to much juice from the batts and that will cause the tail motor to act up also. I had the same problem on my 4G3 and I had to use 600mah 20c batts and that took care of my problem.