Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > War Room
Reload this Page >

Cheap R/C tank recommendations

Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

Cheap R/C tank recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 09:40 PM
YetAnotherGeek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap R/C tank recommendations

Hello all!

My family is weird. We blow things up on the 4th of July.Things ranging from cardboard playcastles loaded with giant toy insects to the occasional fruit.

This year I'm planning on building a miniaturized flamethrower to add some safe but fun visuals to our party. I figure a bit of remote control fwoosh is a lot safer than out of control boom! Anyway.

I'm looking for an R/C tank that Ican reasonably attach 8 triple A batteries and an electric pump to, then run some tubing down its barrel. Better yet - if it runs off of 12V I'll just hook it up that way. I'd like it to be somewhat durable enough to handle being a tad bit scorched and/or fast enough to wheel away when things catch on fire - it'll need to be inexpensive as well. Anything over $100 is out of the question and anything over $60 needs to be fire/water resistant.

On a side note, if anyone knows of any way to make a wireless controller capable of running the 12VDC electric pump at variable speeds I would be very happy. Otherwise I'm considering looking for an electrical relay Ican hook up to the tank's airsoft firing function to have it toggle on/off. Ihave little idea what I'm doing here though!

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:48 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Cheap R/C tank recommendations

Yer avin a giraffe if yer till is not more than a tone for an RC tank, get yer head out the clouds my son
Old 05-20-2013, 05:03 PM
YetAnotherGeek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cheap R/C tank recommendations

I've started looking for hum vees, now.