Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > War Room
Reload this Page >

Obstacle Course / Proving Ground style Competition anyone?

Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

Obstacle Course / Proving Ground style Competition anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Almighty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obstacle Course / Proving Ground style Competition anyone?

Hi! I'm new here.. but I've been into remote-controlled tanks (by wire) even before the advent of radio-control models. Some years back, around the time Marui released their 6mm-shooting tanks, I happened to see photos (in a Japanese airsoft magazine) of an obstacle course RC tank competition. The drivers had to navigate a course of narrow 1-inch elevated runways (just marginally wider than the tank), over bridges, through arcs/tunnels, and engage/shoot down silhouette targets. I suppose they were racing against the clock, as well as shooting for points. Is there anybody here who does something similar?
Old 03-04-2007, 04:15 PM
TANKDUEL

Default RE: Obstacle Course / Proving Ground style Competition anyone?

Actually a friend of mine mentioned that on the net he came across a group of tankers in the Phillipines that had organised activities with BB tanks, maybe you can find them
Old 03-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Almighty

Yeah.. I know those guys planning to have a tank battle. While they are getting to be a sizable number.. they don't belong to any particular RC tanker group. Not yet anyway. And they have even less idea how to go about their intended armor engagement.

I am from the Philippine airsoft group - Action Games League (AGL) - and we have a growing number of RC tankers, including a real tank commander (a mech infantry CO from the Phil.Army Light Armor Brigade).

I'm quite familiar with RC tank battle using TBU as I have similarly IR-equipped toy tanks which came out over 10 years ago (they function exactly the same way). Local guys are quite taken to the tanks' BB cannons, and would not be inclined to shelling out more money. So I'm trying to formulate an event format that will have, aside from actual running / head-on gun battles (officiated airsoft-style), include a combination obstacle course / Hogan's Alley time trial. It's simple enough for any newbie to understand and want to join.. and not have to cost him any more than he's already spent. We could actualy just "wing it" and make our own format and rules.. but I would prefer having something in common with other groups already running a similar idea.

When we manage to get a bigger and more committed RC tanker community, then maybe there'd be enough guys interested to retrofit TBUs.. and also generate enough support to be constructing to-scale battlefields.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:28 PM
TANKDUEL

As far as BB tanks are concerned I don't think there is any other organised activity going on for you to compare notes with. [&o]
I heard in Japan before battle systems came out they'd tie a baloon to each tank and put a needle in the barrel and the idea is to pop the opponents baloon[X(]