Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > War Room
Reload this Page >

"Famous Auction Site"the Good,Bad and Ugly

Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

"Famous Auction Site"the Good,Bad and Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 12:58 AM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Famous Auction Site"the Good,Bad and Ugly

Thought I would leave the actual name anonymous seeing everyone knows it anyway.Bought a lot of tanks,hummer''s,and other misc-vehicles on there in the last month or so.Most of the deals went fine(seems like the cheaper stuff was shipped fast no problems)
but the more it costs that was were the trouble started.I had finaly got my big 1/6 hummer after filing a dispute and a charge back to my credit card company.Now I have the hummer and everything is now screwed up for the guy I bought it from.(now he has not been paid-still trying to get this worked out).The last 1/6 M5 Stuart I thought I had bought and paid for (non-rc model) has not showed up after (20 days) and the seller sent me a tracking number(which was no good) so back to my american express company and had another chargeback to paypal.I have now come to the conclussion that this will be my last purchess from this "auction place" from any individual person selling on there.This was about the final straw-Anyone else have simular trouble on there.??
BIGMIG [:@] [:@][:@]

P.S. still can''t believe how many people are still paying close to a hundred dollars or more on there for NON S&S Tanks.They can find there way on there but can''t type in "RC TANKS" and do some comparrison shopping to check out what these tanks are selling for all over the place.AMAZZZZZZZINGBIGMIG
Old 04-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: "Famous Auction Site"the Good,Bad and Ugly

I'm sure it's just a case of bad luck and maybe I'm just lucky. I have over 200 positive feedbacks and a 100% rating too and have been on there for 4 years and never had a bad deal, and I have sold as well.

I'm just very picky about who and where I deal with and most of the time I let items I really wanted go just becasue of that. There is always the occasion where things can get lost, broken and sent to the wrong address but I've never had to go to the extremes you're going through. I've had buyers not pay and sellers not send what was described but there's always a first time for everything.

Again, I'm very picky and do alot of research on who and what I'm buying.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:57 AM
swathdiver

My bad experiences have been with less then 1% off all transactions, both as a seller and buyer. I think a little more patience would lead to more satisfactory experiences.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:38 AM
BIGMIG

What is troubling with the problem of the hummer=Lack of communication between buyer and seller,delay in actual shipping by the seller,and over charging for the actual shipping cost.When I buy I pay right away,I don''t wait a week to pay for the item.I also expect the seller to approach this with a reasonable time frame for shipping.It don''t take more than a week to wrap some brown paper around a box and stick an address on it.In addition to this I was charged $60.00 dollars for shipping and the seller chose to try and make a little more proffit on the deal by shipping it the cheapest way he could.(which is also the slowest)=He paid $34.00 dollars
to ship the hummer for which I paid $60.00,he gained $24.00 dollars.Now as stated above it has turned around and bit him in the ass,just because he couldn''t be straight forward about the deal and he tried to be deceptive.When you are receiving a package being shipped USPS and someone sends you the tracking number it tells the person waiting for the package nothing.The number has no refference to who it is being sent to,it only tells you a package with that number on it was mailed.It will not tell you where it is located at any particular time in transit,when you punch in the tracking number it will continually just show it at it''s original place mailed.(worthless to a buyer).Nothing changes until it is delivered,so it shows being mailed and when it is delivered and that is all.For about 12 to 15 dollars more this could have been shipped UPS and it could have been tracked and would have arrived in less than a week.Very sad people want to do business this way. BIGMIG [][][]
Old 04-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

You are right, that is B.S. But going back to what I said before, I avoid auctions like that unless the seller will ship it my way upon request.

Some sellers will do this on occasion, so buyer beware.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:16 PM
The_Stuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is why i review the person i am buying from. where you see NAME (###) i click on the numbers and read the reviews.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Leon01

So far the last 10 days on that E place have been pretty good for me. 1. Tam full op Tiger $475 1. old 56005 boxed Tam Sherman $200 2 Vs Tanks $33 and a few other tank things so far so good a few things have not come in but see no problems.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:26 PM
BIGMIG

Final post on this auction site story.I had mentioned a M5 Stuart tank I had bought on the auction site for a toatl of $159.00 dollars
mentioned above.The bid closed March 25 th and I paid with paypal that same day.Four emails from me to the seller over a two week period with one reply with a UPS tracking number at the time that looked like it was no good.Filed a chargeback through the credit card company and followed it up with an email to the seller of that action and because of the facts stated earlyer to him.What does he do,he ships it on April 14 and then emails me to go ahead and look at it when I get it.Ups brought it today (april 21-08),4 days less than a month after the close of the auction.It came from NewJersey,took 6 days by truck to go almost accross the united states to southwest washington state.I refussed delivery today and it is now on its way back to him.This will most likely be my last buy from any individual person selling on ebay,it's not worth the hassel. BIGMIG [)][)][)]
Old 04-22-2008, 01:03 AM
The_Stuff

he most likely will file a negative strike against you. make sure to fill out your response well and with a clear head.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:06 PM
BIGMIG

ORIGINAL: The_Stuff

he most likely will file a negative strike against you. make sure to fill out your response well and with a clear head.

I still haven't figured this clown out.He very well may try to leave a negative feedback in retalliation for a negative from me.Currently ebay has been allowing this to take place even though most of it from the sellers is just retrabution from a bad seller,but I have been told this is going to be stoped soon.When it takes someone allmost 20 days to ship an item,I think those actions speek for themselves. BIGMIG [)][)][)]