Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

Force 10 from Navarone

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 04:59 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Force 10 from Navarone

Just watched this movie again (last time must have been 30 years ago) If you're under 30 you may not know many of the actors. If you're under 20 probably only one (Harrison Ford) The later part of the movie had a lot of T-34s being used as German tanks. I'm sure the last time I watched it I wouldn't have picked up on that (lol)
Old 09-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Force 10 from Navarone

Yeah, that was like made in 1977 or '78. The 1957 "The Guns of Navarone" was 'part one' of "Force 10 From Navarone" but just as good.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:20 PM
pzrwest

I caught the movie this weekend was nice to see it again after so many years and of course is a bit corny with the russian tanks but to those not into tanks, etc wouldn't have a clue they were wrong
Old 09-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Tim Martin

I remember seeing that movie in the theature when I was a kid and really liking it. Completely forgot, if I ever knew, that Harrison Ford was in it.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:33 PM
DukeSedan

I gotta say I like Force 10 from Navarone but it is nothing compared to The Guns of Navarone.  I mean seriously, Peck, Niven and Quinn are amazing and ten Harrison Fords couldn't out act them.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:23 PM
ArmChairGeneral

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome movie but I give the nod to the original The Gun's of Navarone. I have a collection of oldie war movies - The blue max, the iron cross, the big red one, Tobruk, raid on rommel ( made at the same time using the same sets and equipment and even some scenes as Tobruk ), midway, tora tora tora, the longest day, mister roberts, sahara ( starring lulu bell the grant tank ), walk in the sun...on and on heheh
Old 04-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I see I am not the only one who collects WWII movies!

BTW, lulu bell was the M3 Lee tank. The Grant was the result of what the British modified the Lee for their use.

- Jeff