Community
Search
Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

Weatronic Rx range warning

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 11:53 AM
carbonglider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weatronic Rx range warning

Can anybody explain to me how to set thewarning level for the Rx signal?
When the Rx signal gets weak the Tx (telemetry) signal will probably be lost anyway, because of the much weaker signal received by the transmitter module.
What is the use of this Rx signal strength alarm indicator when the telemetry feedback signal is lost many times earlier than the moment the Rx signal gets into the red zone?

I like to learn more about the telemetry data. Hopefully somebody can give more clearness.

kind regards,
Sander

Old 04-06-2011, 05:02 PM
ville56

Default RE: Weatronic Rx range warning

Hello Sander
I can agree with you somehow... but long before the Rx signal strength alarm indicator breaks down the model is far out of sight for most of us flying normalsize model airplanes, gliders included.
I am new to Weatronic 2, 4 GHz so I can not speak out of personal experience about this system, but with the Multiplex M-Link that I also use that is the case.
I fly F3J sailplanes, so I fly at great distance and I never lost the Link Quality Indication (LQI) with my Multiplex M-Link.

/Ville
Old 04-06-2011, 05:37 PM
gerhardp

ORIGINAL: carbonglider

Can anybody explain to me how to set the warning level for the Rx signal?
When the Rx signal gets weak the Tx (telemetry) signal will probably be lost anyway, because of the much weaker signal received by the transmitter module.
What is the use of this Rx signal strength alarm indicator when the telemetry feedback signal is lost many times earlier than the moment the Rx signal gets into the red zone?

I like to learn more about the telemetry data. Hopefully somebody can give more clearness.

kind regards,
Sander

Hi Sander,
with the ability to control both of the warnings, you can clearly create a differential of the warning to the signal strength to let you know what is going on. You can actually test it live while watching what is happening on the screen. Where else do you find this transparency?
Thanks,
Gerhard
Old 04-06-2011, 11:41 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Sander, unless the warnings are spoken in clear speech, which they are not, they are a nuisance not a help. Flashing lights and beeping noises could be:
1. Telemetry (downink) below warning level, who cares!
2. Uplink to rx below warning level
3. Rx battery below warning level.
4 Tx battery below warning level.
5. Your tx's own flight timer
6. Your tx's own battery warning.

3 and 4 are reasons to land, 2 is reason to turn back and 1 is of no interest at all. But when the module beeps at you, which one is it? Is it the module or is it your Tx timer etc?Are you going to land immediately every time it beeps only to find it was a telemetry warning? I turn them all off except rx battery warning, the rest are a nuisance distraction.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:25 AM
carbonglider

In advance, many thanks for the replies.

HarryC; Are you going to land immediately every time it beeps only to find it was a telemetry warning? I turn them all off except rx battery warning, the rest are a nuisance distraction
When you turn off the telemetry warning and ignore thatthe telemetry has gone, how do you want to get the alarm message to the groundwhen the sinalstrength on the receiver is getting to low? Isn't this a dangerous situation? I tried to switch of the telemetry warning ( TX range warning) but the alarm beeps caused byTx range warningcame in anyway. I tested this with a connection overland at a distance of about 500m between sender and receiver.

There was something else thatisnot clearfor me:
When the Rx status is 136 and the Tx status is 168 it means that the connection is unidirectional, but there is still telemetry data in the logfile.
How can there be data with battery voltage RSSI-1 Rx RSSI-2RXservo's ... in unidirectional mode?