Community
Search
Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

Programming

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Chessiegolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming

Can anyone help with how to programme an enable/disable function so that I can switch a mixer in or out from the transmitter. I understand that somewhere on Weatronic's website there is a programming manual, but I can't find that anywhere.
Regards
Old 09-18-2011, 01:28 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Programming

The simple version of the answer is that you can't, this applies to all brands of programmable rx not just weatronic. Any rx mixer is permanently on, because the only way you can send data to the rx is by using one of the control channels, so to send an on/off command to an rx mixer would use one of your channels. This leads to the cmplex answer which is that you can, by switching on and off at the tx a channel which sends an opposing travel signal to cancel out the one the rx is mixing. Therefore it is technically possible with simpler mixes, but is far more complex to do and consumes a precious channel so is somewhat pointless.

The english language manual is on the front page of the english version website, at the top left. It's not in the download section which is where you would expect it to be!

Harry
Old 09-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Chessiegolf

Harry,
Thanks for the reply, and for explaining that switching cannot be done - obvious now you have explained it.
Perhaps if I tell a bit more you may be able to help.
I have a 4 engined model with all engines operating from the one throttle channel but 4 separate servos plugged into 4 receiver outputs (one for each engine). To counter the inevitable swing at the start of a take off run, which rudder along does not prevent, I want to be able to increase an outer engine on input from the rudder, but then be able to switch off the mixing once rudder authority has been achieved, or once in the air.
Any ideas how this can be achieved, if necessary using both the transmitter and receiver mixing capabilities.
Regards
Old 09-18-2011, 11:48 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

You will need to use 3 channels and tx mixing. One channel to run both the inner engines together using just throttle, and one channel each for the outer engines using throttle and switched rudder. Consider using rudder to reduce the throttle of an engine on the inside of the turn rather than increase throttle on the outside of the turn, because once you get near to or actually reach full throttle the mix to increase throttle will have negligible effect.

H.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Chessiegolf

Harry,
Thanks for that, I'll get programming the transmitter. I was hoping I could keep all the programming in the receiver, which I find very easy to navigate and use, but it doesn't matter if some of the programming has to be in the transmitter.
Thanks again
Regards
Old 09-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Chessiegolf

OK Chaps, Another query for you.
When in the servo mapping page and wanting to modify the servo curve, how do I latch onto the (black) intermediate points on the curve, or this reserved for special programming functions?
Also I notice on the 2.5 version of the transmitter firmware there is a MUX page, although its a blank page just now - what is the purpose?
Thanks
Old 09-26-2011, 09:43 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am curious what model you are setting up for the rudder coupling to engines. I am helping a friend who has the Lancaster (10ft span) and we are considering doing the same.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Chessiegolf

Its a DH86. Having built one at 1/6 scale which flew nicely, this one is at 1/4 scale. The outer engines are well out on the wings and it was found with the earlier model that if one side is pulling more than the other at the start of the take-off run, the model will yaw and at low speeds the rudder is ineffective (its not in the propwash). Once speed has built up the rudder gains authority but the model can be off track by then. This bit of progarmming is to try to counter the yaw before it sets in. The new model weighs 88lbs so needs to be kept on a straight line if at all possible.
The programming is now complete but it used 4 mixers to achieve it: throttle to left outer channel, throttle to right outer channel, rudder to left outer channel and rudder to right outer channel, plus a spare channel to switch the mixing on & off.
This was all done in the transmitter but using the servo limiting (maximum) function in the receiver to prevent stalling the throttles servos at full power plus full rudder.
The new model is finished but hasn't flown yet so I can't report on the effectiveness of the mixing.