Community
Search
Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

Weatronics is Back in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Weatronics USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weatronics is Back in the USA

This message is to allour loyalWeatronics users in the USA.....My name is Larry Jolly , perhaps you know me or of my interest and participation in the RC Hobby. I have been recently named as the American Distributor for Weatronics Systems and Products. I am taking this opportunity to let you know that Weatronics will now be fully represented and supported in the USA. As you may know there arenew owners at Weatronics. We have big plans, and great New Products headed for the market. As the Weatronics Distributor in the USA I understand the task ahead of me, based on our past customer service record , I have much work to do.. I pledge,that I will do everything possible to ensure that you have the Weatronics gear you need, that customer service is second to none, and that you receive the customer satisfaction that you are entitled to.
I appreciate all of our Loyal Weatronics users, and look forward to reestablishing our products here in the USA. This year, we will be attending various meets and trade shows. The first will be Toledo in April. I invite you to stop by and say hello. If you have questions we will have knowledgeable colleagues from Germany in the booth, to help with any technical questions beyond our abilities. We will also have the BAT 60 ,our new transmitter, featuring the kind ofcutting edge advances you would expect from Weatronics. This is our first stepin our comitment to bring Weatronics flyers a full system service. Our goal is to provide our users with all components needed for their special RC projects. Expect all components to be as innovative as our Receivers, and now our new Transmitter.
I will check in to this site everyday and offer suggestions and help where I can. For indivuidual consideration please send all enquiries to my attention at
[email protected]
I want you to know that WE are Back , We are Serious about our Products, and We are Waiting and Ready to serve you,
Larry Jolly
Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 PM
ajs56a

Default RE: Weatronics is Back in the USA

Great Job Larry, I wish you all the succes with these fine Weatronic products in the USA ***TOP***
Old 02-11-2013, 02:56 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations Larry, I'm happy to hear that Weatronic will be fully supported in the USA. Looking forward to meeting you in Toledo. Will the BAT60 that you plan to have on display be fully functional? Any chance it will be ready for sale? Do you have a Weatronic USA website or plan to?

Regards,

Mike
Old 02-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Weatronics USA

Mike,
We will have the most current form of the BAT 60 on display. We had one in Nurenberg that was able to move servos on a mock-up but much of the software is still in development. Regardless We will show what We have, and will be looking for comments. Beta testing is to begin by May with production slated for June... I will be updating this site as I have new information. I fully expect to have BAT 60's on the shelf by September. If you have the chance, pleasedo come by the booth at Toledo. We want to hear from you and thank each of you that have been flying and supporting Weatronics. We are planning something special for Weatronics customers that preorder a Bat 60. There will be more on this as details are nailed down. Yes there will be an American website. But in the interim please check out the German site, and look here or drop me a note for more information.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:20 AM
speed is life

This is good to hear, I look forward to better availability of Wea support here in the USA.
Been a happy (except for support issues) Weatronics user for 3+ years now. 
-Mike
Old 02-13-2013, 11:40 AM
zl1wn

Congtaulations Larry,
I am sure you will help support Weatronics in the USA.

I think we are all looking forward to the new transmitters.

A couple of suggestions, we have all been pushing for the English voice, will you see what you can do
it will certainly be necessary for the US.
Also I have complained directly to Weatronics for at least 18months, about the shop. I cannot use Paypal,
for some reason it wont work from down here. It works with every other company in Germany, the Czech republic etc,
but not Wea.
Would you mind seeing what you can do to fix both these problems.

Best wishes
Ross
Auckland NZ
Old 02-14-2013, 06:45 AM
Weatronics USA

Many Thanks to all for your well wishes...Ross the english issues will be addressed soon. I will see whatI can do to help you with the paypal issues.
If you need components, I can ship from the USA.. LJ
Old 02-14-2013, 06:59 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Larry, an example of why we don't believe Wea's promises, the english language section of their website is still promising the BAT60 in time for the 2013 flying season!

http://www.weatronic.com/en/index.php?pg=start.php

regards

Harry
Old 02-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Chessiegolf

Harry,
It a politician's answer - in time for the 2013 season, meaning it will be ready before the season finishes. So those of us who have pre-ordered will no doubt get a call to pay sometime in September. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Despite the previously awful customer service from Weatronic , the receivers and gps modules I've bought in the past have proved to be excellent so am willing to give it a go with a transmitter.

In reality I don't have much choice, having swapped all my Futaba receivers for Weatronic, and of course a transmitter module working on an ex 35MHz transmitter, there's now no other option than to buy Weatronic if I want a new transmitter.

Having heard of the problem, though not suffered it myself, where the little Tx module plug loses contact, I'm quite keen to be rid of the module idea. My module cable is completely taped over with masking tape - not at all elegant, and the object of jokes at the flying field, but it saves having the cable knocked..........roll on some time in the season!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:29 PM
felker14
My Feedback: (50)

Great news. When will you have stock?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:48 AM
luv2flyrc

Larry, what is the name of your company? Are you Weatronics USA?

The German website lists Gerhard and Kennedy Composites as being the USA distributors. Maybe you are Kennedy Composites?

Regards,

Mike
Old 02-28-2013, 04:28 PM
HarryC

Hmm it's 1st March and the last two questions from 18 and 24 Feb have not been answered. Sounds like "service" as usual from weatronic and its reps. It seems nothing has changed.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:28 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am trying to decide on my next receiver for my newest project. I have usd the 2.4 12/22/gyro3/gps now on the Mibo A10 and UB. I would really like to continue to use the RX and I have tried to hold off on having to by another system while I continue to wait for a Weatronic Transmitter as my 10X is great but also >10 years old. My 12X is now sounding a bit outdated too since it is only good for pre-DSMX....

Anyway, when will I be able to have a Weatronic transmitter in my hand in the US? June? December? Just wondering what to doo in the meantime.

On a similar note - has the patch cable form transmitter module to antenna been 'fixed"? Mine is still taped at both ends just to limit the risk of a connection problem..the main reason I am hoping for a weatronic transmitter as well...

Thanks for any information that might help me plan for my midwest US flying season.

Dave
Old 03-02-2013, 05:54 AM
luv2flyrc

ORIGINAL: HarryC

Hmm it's 1st March and the last two questions from 18 and 24 Feb have not been answered. Sounds like "service" as usual from weatronic and its reps. It seems nothing has changed.
Yep, support didn't last long. Seems he hasn't even logged in since Feb 14.

Mike

Old 03-03-2013, 12:03 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So when can I get a 12-22 gyro GPS?
Old 03-12-2013, 12:02 AM
oistein

What happened to the american dealer? He was gone after 3 days on RCU, he is gone from rcgroups also.

Weatronic, you make your company look rather sad as usual.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:15 AM
HarryC

It's a shambles isn't it.

Latest from Wea, Alwin Muller is leaving, this from their facebook page

"Personnel changes in our management after many years of good cooperation leaves the previous Creativ Manager Alwin Müller April 01 the company. We regret the loss, Mr. Miller wish every success in his future and are pleased that our Mr. Miller is a freelance connected in the future at air shows and events. Following the merger of development, marketing, sales and service to our headquarters to Wildau near Berlin will in future also controlled the former duties of Mr. Miller from there. taking this step now, all powers of the Company at the Center for Aerospace in Wildau focuses. Good basis for our own goals this year. During the summer, we present our first transmitter and winter follows the transmitter tray. These new products will be equipped with all the latest technological features of today. Based on the philosophy of quality and reliability of the late founder of weatronic Mr. Axel Westphal."
Old 03-12-2013, 07:37 AM
Weatronics USA

Wow,
I am glad to see you guys have missed me... Shambles Harry..far from it , things are good at Weatronic and We are moving ahead .
I hope that We will see as many interested Weatronic users as possible at Toledo. I have been very busy working on getting things setup and travel. Unfortunately this has not given me much time on the Internet. If you have specific questions please contact me at [email protected] or call me Larry Jolly 714-675-8787. This is the fastest way to make sure you get personal attention. If you want to order equipment you can order at anytime. We willalso have some equipment availablein the booth at Toledo. I have to admit that I have been a JR Team pilot and I am now learning the attributes of the Weatronic system. I should be up to speed by Toledo and look forward to helping you with any of your needs or questions. Thank you for your well wishes. Larry Jolly
Old 03-12-2013, 08:00 AM
HarryC

Good to see you are still with us Larry, however I stand by my comments, as you know we are used to a string of broken promises from Wea, then you turn up promising
ORIGINAL: Weatronics USA
I will check in to this site everyday and offer suggestions and help where I can
and then you disappear for 26 days, you just fitted straight into Wea's behaviour pattern and we all thought "oh yeah, we've heard it all before". Hopefully things will settle and you will be able to log in if not every day then at least once every few days and keep on top of questions and suggestions.
Harry
Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Weatronics USA

Harry, and others,

Please understand  that there is much to do, to get everything done.  I have been spending time elsewhere because that is where my efforts are needed now. I have had little time to enjoy quiet time on the Internet. Lately I have been forced to get things planned for the Toledo show.
I do check my email account twice daily and respond as quickly as I can. I admit the RC universe is not the forum I frequent the most, but I will be checking back in here more often. Please do not judge the company by me not spending time in here... I can assure you that the team is busting butt to get everything done and ready for release. My best suggestion is that you try understand that We are working hard to get things in place to support our customers and provide you the best equipment possible.  If you have suggestions please send them to me...I am very interested  in trying to understand where we are today and where we want to go in the future. And please if you have questions contact me directly and I will get back ASAP... I hope We see you in Toledo, please stop by and see us.. Larry
Old 04-01-2013, 08:42 AM
proline8000
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got my new GIZMO 12-22 giro2 receiver from Barry Kennedy/Larry last Friday. Great price and excellent communication. If this is any indication of their commitment I am sold. I have reserved a BAT60 transmitter and look forward to having it this fall. Great job Barry and Larry.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:50 PM
HarryC

ORIGINAL: proline8000
I have reserved a BAT60 transmitter and look forward to having it this fall.
Optimism! Expectation on german forum is that it will not be available until next year. Unless Larry can give a cast iron guarantee otherwise, I would not count on getting your hands on it in 2013.
I am going to the JetPower meeting in Germany in September so I hope to fondle it on the Wea booth at that show.
H.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:55 AM
Weatronics USA

Dear Harry,
We had a good show at Toledo. I got to meet several of our customers and was very impressed with the quality and expertise of "Our Guys"...
Harry I expect that you will be hard to convice,But I promise you this is a new company..Weatronic will work harder than ever before to keep our guys satisfied. As for delivery on the TX , I will have my Beta tester in June..they are saying end of May but I am giving them a 2 week cushion. Production parts are being built as I write this.. I welcome you to come to the Jet meeting..and as a special request I would like you to return and write what you see here.
I understand from conversations that you have incredible knowledge and experience with our products and are a huge supporter. I am asking you to drop me an email at [email protected], I wish to have private contact with you. I am Happy to report that the first stock for the USA warehouse is here and I can now offer parts and equipment to our flyers here in the US. Larry More soon just now catching up from being gone for a week.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:45 AM
luv2flyrc

I had the opportunity to meet Larry and some members of the German Weatronic team in Toledo. I was quite excited to see that this is a very young team of enthusiastic engineering professionals developing the Wea product line.

I got to fondle the BAT60 and fly it on a sim. I must say, this transmitter has a very nice "feel" to it, it is quite ergonomic in it's layout. I was surprised ( happily) that it was quite heavy as well and had a very solid feel to it like the JR 12x that I am used to.

The other surprise was how nice the top rocker switches were to use as compared to the familiar toggles. Battery life seems great too as it was mentioned that it was run the whole weekend without a recharge.

I was definately impressed by what I saw and heard from the team so, I pre-ordered the BAT 60 from Larry to drive the rest of my Weatronic gear.

Mike

Old 04-15-2013, 02:49 AM
HarryC

ORIGINAL: Weatronics USA

Dear Harry,
We had a good show at Toledo. I got to meet several of our customers and was very impressed with the quality and expertise of ''Our Guys''...
Harry I expect that you will be hard to convice,But I promise you this is a new company..
Hi Larry,
I will be very easily convinced if they:
a) achieve the timescales they promise
b) listen to and act upon customers comments about technical problems in Wea equipment and stop dismissing them as faults in the customer's other equipment! Even when I got written confirmation from Multiplex proving mathematically that Wea has a dead zone when used with Multiplex, even when I got other Multiplex users to test it and confirm it empirically, Alwin just denied and would not investigate. So Wea continues to have a dead zone with Multiplex transmitters to this day.

We have experienced a lot of the "wrong" behaviour, repeatedly, and repeated broken promises that things are changing, over a few years which is why I am sceptical, as will be anybody else. But they just have to do the "right" thing twice in a row and I will believe they have changed.
Jens and Stefan have been most helpful.

Email sent

Harry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.