Community
Search
Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

Upgrading receivers

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Chessiegolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading receivers

Can anyone help please.

I'm trying to upgrade a receiver from version 2.50 to 2.63. I have the file downloaded to the c drive and also to a micro sd card plugged into a usb port using a Weatronic suppled card reader. No matter what I try, wherever I get to the 'update' step in the procedure I get the message "Weatronic dongle not found". What does this mean, is it referring to the USB cable between the pc and the transmitter, or perhaps the card reader?

I have succesfully upgraded receivers before so don't know what I am now doing differently. The only thing I can think of that's changed is loading Gigacontrol 2.70, however the update version says its 2.06, but within that all the firmware updates for the various receivers are 2.63.

I have tried the upgrade on a laptop using Windows 7 and a PC using Windows 8, the procedure fails at the same point on either machine.

A couple of years ago, Weatronic sent me a usb to scu cable which I have not used - can this cable be used to transfer upgrades directly to a Micro receiver?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:54 PM
Chessiegolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem solved!

I used the usb/scu cable and a fresh battery and it worked that time.