Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Edge 540 Rudder tiller

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge 540 Rudder tiller

Does any one know what bolts that you use for the tiller bar and tail wheel bar?. I have the parts kit from Wild Hare and there is 2 long bolts left over from the Rocket City pack for the ailerons and elevators, are those the ones that you uses or is the black bolts that come with the Duo Bro pack the ones that you uses.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:52 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Edge 540 Rudder tiller

In almost every case, you will have hardware left over from a Rocket City linkage package.

There should be a very long 8-32 screw that you will thread through the hole(s) in the rudder after you drill out and tap the pilot hole(s). After you thread the screw through the rudder, and making sure that you have equal lengths on both sides, cut off the head of the screw with a Dremel tool, or equal, cut off wheel and clean up the threads at the cut end. The "horns" screw onto the remaining shaft on both sides of the rudder.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the tailwheel use a piece of 6-32 all thread or a long 6-32 screw with head cut off. 3 inches is about right.

TF
Old 08-16-2004, 12:25 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

6-32? Damn, how is it something so easy and so sensible is so easily overlooked?

Thanks, Tom, I hadn't even considered using 6-32 all thread for the tail wheel tiller. Makes waaay too much sense.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Tom I got it all hook up and it is working fine. My new Edge is just GREAT but I was some what disappointed in the canopy. It had a lot of scratches on it . The protective covering must of come off in shipping.