Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Any 35% extras still in stock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Derek8819
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any 35% extras still in stock?

Tom I would like to order on if you have any left, I have been searching the used market for some time and cannot find one. I want to use a ZDZ 80 and make a REALLY light setup and see how it does.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:25 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Any 35% extras still in stock?

Derek:

None left, sorry. The ZDZ-80 would not be enough power for the 35% Extra anyway, too much weight/not enough poop.

My suggestion is to wait for the MX2. I just received the prototype, it's beautiful and nicely done. Much lighter than the 35% Extra, huge surfaces, built in canister tunnel, similar layout but I think it will 3d better that the old 35% Extra.

Or go with the 41% Extra, should be available soon. That is the plane you'll want to keep forever.

TF
Old 03-28-2006, 04:49 AM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

The 35% Extra witha 100 cc engine is a beautiful combination. A great flyer. I'm sorry to see it go.
steve p
Old 03-28-2006, 08:48 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's being replaced by 3 planes that are each more capable than the Extra.

The 35% MX2 is similar in looks and layout to the Extra, but much lighter.

The 41% Extra 300 will be our flagship plane, it's a world class aerobatic airplane that has features the 35% Extra did not. An actual canister tunnel, pocket hinges (pre hinged at the factory), it's lighter for its size, spacious ring mounted cowling, and much better attention to detail like the canopy and cockpit. It's a next generation Extra that leaves every other ARF behind.

Finally we are in the early stages of designing a new 102" Sukhoi. This plane will have all the bells and whistles also, tunnel for 1 large or 2 medium canisters, gas and smoke tanks, stab mounted elevator servos, etc.

Both the MX2 and the Sukhoi will be light enough that they will fly well with an 80cc single, opening up the world of really giant airplanes to people on a limited budget. The old Extra required a 100cc twin, a costly item fore somebody on a budget.

TF
Old 03-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Hoss
My Feedback: (4)

If you want one I'll make you a deal. I have one in ARC form right now. both sets of wings. let me know.