Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

DA-50R Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 07:46 AM
srm99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DA-50R Help

SORRY MATE I HAVE TO SAY THIS

HERES A QUESTION FOR ALL OF YA WHY ONLY 5% ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM THERE MUST BE ANOTHER SIMPLER ANSWER MAYBE A FAULTY CARBI MAYBE A FAULTY FUEL SYSTEM MAYBE A FAULTY CDI .
NOW TO AIR PRESSURE ON CARB PLATE IS A HOLE LOAD OF Sh%^ THE PRESSURE NEADED TO AFFECT THIS WOULD NEED TO BE 10BAR IF THAT WAS ACHEIEVED YOUR OUT FLOW ON YOUR COWEL IS NOT ENOUGH .
TRY YOUR PLANE WITHOUT YOUR COWL AND IF YOU HAVE THE SAME PROB DONT BLAME THE DIRAFRAM
THE DIRAFRAM WORKS ON ENGINE VACUUM 95% AND 5% ON AIR CHANGE
NOW YOU ALL HAVE THIS PROBLEM WHEN AT LOW SPEED HIGH GGSS IF IT WAS PRESSURE IT WOULD HAPPEN AT HIGH SPEED .
SO WHATS THE PROBLEM WELL SOME CARBS ARE CLOSER THAN SOME THE G FORCE ON SOME WILL AFFECT THE FLOW AND OTHERS ITS FINE AND THE ONLY THING IN A WALBRO CARB THAT IS AFFECTED BY GGGSS IS THE FULCROM AND SPRING THAT REGULATE FUEL FUEL FLOW IN THE CHAMBER THATS WHY WHEN YOU PUSH TO FULL THROTTLE IT FLOODS AND DIES .
HOW TO FIX IS A TRIAL AND ERROR YOU CAN GET DIFFERENT SPRINGS FOR A WALBRO CARB TO ADJUST POP OFF PRESSURE DO NOT CUT COMPRESS AS U CAN BUY 10 SPRINGS FOR ABOUT $5 .
WHY ARE SOME GOOD AND SOME BAD ITS BECAUSE IT WAS NOT DESIGHN FOR HIGH GGSS IT WAS DESIGHN FOR A CHAINSAW AND YOU NOT GOING TO GET 8GSS OUT OFF CUTTING WOOD .
IF YOU DO NOT BELEIVE ME SWING YOUR CHAINSAW AT 8 TIMES PER 3 SEC I DO NOT THINK SO .
Old 06-22-2006, 11:17 AM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SRM99, I am sorry that your carb does not like g forces and it seems that springs fix all of your problems but some of us have the other problems and we talk them out and get them fixed - like this thread was doing. Have another FOSTERS and chill....
Old 06-22-2006, 06:06 PM
RCFREAK

chill man chill [:-]... That thing you said about the carby made no sense to me what so ever lol ..
I spoke to Ian of DA Australia and i asked him about pop off pressure but he hasnt got back to me, he suggested to tune the highend for max rpm and back off 100rpm (its not yet tuned like this).. Then he said to richen the idle from its current position as it was obviously to lean, and would have to be richened. Now i have to wait to start the motor anyway, i broke my bloody choke thing, the piece of brass the butterfly screws into, i loosened the ball and spring because the servo couldnt move it. and it was vibrating so i took it out and saw that the brass arm thing was bent in the middle from the vibrations, so i tryed to straiten it damn all i can say is that brass is like butter. Well long story short it broke so untill i get a replacement choke thingo i cannot test the DA-50R Beast. Ill get back to you guys on my situation. In the meantime ave a Fosters
Old 06-22-2006, 06:39 PM
srm99

sorry guys i study this problem if its not tuninnig than what else . if it was a major da problem they would put a attachment to do it from factory its more a carbi issue than a airflow problem .
Old 06-25-2006, 12:53 PM
mbinkley

I had that same thing happen last year and it turned out to be a carb leak. The gasket between the engine and the reed valve spacer was bad. I replaced it and it works grate now. Give it a try and it should fix your truble. DA sent the gaskets to me for no charge!