Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Yak

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yak

Hmmmmm! Looks like no more Yaks for sale. Tom, you wouldn't happen to have a white cowl left would you?
Old 02-12-2008, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I have quite a few.

TF
Old 02-12-2008, 06:24 PM

Thanks, I'll call and order one tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:32 AM

Tom, do you still have the manual on this plane? I need the CG.

It's taken me this long to get around to fixing it! Last year I came out of a dive and the engine quit. Made a turn to head into the wind and the plane just quit flying. It came down like a pancake. No wing tip, just straight down. Almost no damage to the wings or plane, except the cowl and the landing gear. Hit soft dirt! Cowl did not break but took lots of paint off. Landing gear looked like a gymnist doing the splits! I have changed to one smaller battery and put in a matchbox for the elevator servos. I was never able to program the servos right with the radio. Could only have one servo with trim - not good while flying. I have not modified the new cowl you sent yet; will put the old one on for now.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:42 AM

You can email me at [email protected], but just balance it on the wing tube to get started then adjust to how you like it.

TF
Old 08-20-2009, 11:45 AM

Wow, your quick! Email on it's way.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:18 PM

We aim to please as long as it's an easy question.

The manual was sent a few minutes ago.

TF
Old 08-25-2009, 05:05 PM

Got two flights in today. Feels good to be flying a big plane again! It's been 18 months or so since the last mishap. On Friday I ran the engine, tweaked the needles and taxied around. Engine quit with 1/2 tank. Took it home and found clunk bent around to the front. Also not happy with battary for engine, not taking a charge. Fixed the fuel tank and deep cycled the battary. Had a good first flight today. With the light weight of this plane, the engine is just right for my "easy" type of flying. Second flight was scary with three radio hits. I got it down OK though. Will replace ignition battery (I charged it between flights but it's old and I should not be using it). Only other thing I can think to do is place the antenna outside of fuse. And maybe the ignition battery too. Currently it is inside due to balance.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:06 PM

Yesterday was my YAK'sexpiration date. Darn! And it was so much fun. I changed engines last week because the first one was broke in. Had some good flights this week, but decided to lean out the top end just a tad. Wrong! Took off into about a 10 mph breeze. Engine quit at 40'. Not enough poop to get it to turn around and land. I was going to run this engine the rest of the year then switch it out to a G62 that I have, along with the new cowl that I never used.

So, anyone need a cowl?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18240.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	1508923