Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

50cc Edge V2 has landed

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 50cc Edge V2 has landed

Here's my checklist for ARFs:

Anything broke?

Everything here?

Any wrinkles?

Build it!

Fly it!

Don't work???

Call the manufacturer and get it replaced.

Works everytime!!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:55 PM
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An improvement to yours is to make certain parts are good before install. In software engineering, it is called iterative and incremental model.

Precision flying requires perfectly built airplane. Improving piloting skill on each and every trip to the field.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

I work as a nuclear toolmaker for the Department of Defense, Naval Sea Systems Command. I have naval and nuclear engineers come to me every day for solutions to their problems. When I design something (as Tom has) I expect people to have enough confidence in it to use it "as designed". If they don't want to do that they can go elsewhere for their help and products and I tell them so. Tom didn't build up WildHare to one of the top ARF companies in the world by designing or selling bad designs. He did it with solid designs and good flying aircraft and I, for one, trust the products he sends me until they prove me wrong, which they never have. Everyone has the rare bad apple but that's no reason to start questioning every apple in the barrel. I'll take WildHare over any other ARF any day.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:57 PM
nonstoprc

I myself bought an Edge from Tom and believe it is a good product per design. However, we have to realize the major material for an ARF is balsa wood and ply and a manual process is involved. As such, parts or fitting of an ARF can be less ideal. So a test to an ARF vendor is whether defects can be fixed. I believe WildHare does a wonderful job in this area.

The point I'd like to make is to make something out of an investment to ARF (or anything worth spent time on). There are things that will help make this happen. A check list is a good example, and a good product is another.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:49 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who the heck is Star Jones?
Old 11-09-2007, 09:37 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pat Roy

Who the heck is Star Jones?
She is a woman who used to be on The View. Now I suppose you want to know what the View is.

It's a morning all woman TV talk show with Barbara Walters, Whoopi Goldberg and several other shrill women who discuss stuff that men really really don't want to know or hear about. Apparently Star Jones is/was some sort of entertainment personality though AFAIK she is only famous for being famous.

TF
Old 11-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Captain Randy

Whoa! I think I missed something?
My neighbor died last night. He had restless leg syndrome (RLS) and went to bed on satin sheets. His pajamas rubbing on the sheets formed so much electricity that when he went to touch his bed-side lamp he was electrocuted form the static build up.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Tired Old Man

If it isn't on the AFN (Armed Forces Network) I guarantee I haven't seen it. TV takes up too much valuable free time for me so I don't watch any. The damn internet eats up all that there was.......There are times I really hate new technology
Old 11-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

Tom, Please tell me your wife told you about that and it's not first hand knowledge!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 01:22 PM
rctom

ORIGINAL: Pat Roy

If it isn't on the AFN (Armed Forces Network) I guarantee I haven't seen it.
You haven't missed anything, trust me. I have a small TV in my workshop that provides background noise, if it's on ABC then occasionally I am yanked back into awareness when that show comes on. Like a bearing running out of oil, it's hard to ignore the sound.

I usually will leave it on until somebody says something really stupid. I've never seen more than about 5 minutes of it before that happens. The commercials are the best part.

TF
Old 11-09-2007, 02:09 PM
nonstoprc

Tom,

When can the Extra 50CC ARF from WH have non-overlay type cowls (to the fuse)?
Old 11-09-2007, 03:49 PM
flybyme

She is a woman who used to be on The View. Now I suppose you want to know what the View is.

It's a morning all woman TV talk show with Barbara Walters, Whoopi Goldberg and several other shrill women who discuss stuff that men really really don't want to know or hear about. Apparently Star Jones is/was some sort of entertainment personality though AFAIK she is only famous for being famous.

Is there a wait on the V.2's, or are they ready to ship, cause thanks to this thread I'm ready to order one, can't wait to get it.......

.....and what does "AFAIK" mean?
Old 11-09-2007, 05:41 PM
rctom

The edge V2s just sold out today, but there is a big load of them on the way so they should be back in stock by 12/15.

TF
Old 11-09-2007, 05:42 PM
rctom

ORIGINAL: nonstoprc

Tom,

When can the Extra 50CC ARF from WH have non-overlay type cowls (to the fuse)?
If I understand your question you are asking if the Extras have the ring mounted cowl like the Edge with no visible fasteners and no fuselage overlap.

The answer is now, all the Extras in stock are like that, in fact all the planes we have are like that except the two 1.20 size planes.

TF
Old 11-09-2007, 07:21 PM
nonstoprc

Thanks. Tom. You have answered my question.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

Well that sure seemed to kill this thread for a while! LOL Tom, you're going to have to be more creative with those answers! LMAO
Old 11-12-2007, 08:47 PM
mwhar760
My Feedback: (18)

shoot just because all are sold out does'nt mean it is dead what about all the flight tuning, i still have one flying. what about parts aspects that exist just because tom has none in stock does'nt stop the ones who have'nt got to build thiers yet who are in need of info. you can bet that if it was sold out tom will have more in the future and more color options he does listen to all info. good or bad or he would'nt keep them on a return basis!!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

Well let's all get together and bring it on!!!!! I love talking about this bird almost as much as I love flying it!!!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:33 PM
nonstoprc

Yes, Tom has the magic to make people think.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:57 PM
rctom

More planes due in a month.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:16 PM
mikejr718

Will the new planes have the same covering scheme? Will we get to see something new?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Tired Old Man

That was a good question. Perhaps it's time to bring in a couple more color schemes for the Edge and Extra. Anybody else have any thoughts about that?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

Pat,
One of the big things that sold me on the Edge was the color scheme. You know what they say, You taste a dish with your eyes long before your mouth! (my other hobby is gourmet cooking) I think there is room for one or two other schemes. The one Tom has is a solid and attractive scheme. I wouldn't try and just replace colors in the scheme, like SD Models, but rather come up with entire new ones. Look around at what's popular and work off of that. The pre-printed coatings used by World Models "ToughLon" really leant themselves to some great possibilities of faux airbrush jobs. Shame they got busted for copyright infringement. Don't know how much that would jack up the price for pre-printed covering but $20-$30 wouldn't be out of line, and I'm sure goes a long way in China. Just stay away from the stuff Richmond uses, way too heavy. Also need to make sure it has good delineation between colors (no bleeding over). Could be very cool and VERY popular.

Tom,
If you want to continue as an innovator this might be a good next step at this time. Your plane designs are totally tweaked, none better, engine and prop manufacturers are knocking their brains out, airframe designs are limited, this is a good time for innovation. How about an awesome "RABID BUNNY" faux airbrushed logo across both wings. Something reminiscent of the Big Daddy Roth era. Beyond that is just the extensive use of CF in the air frame and we know what that is going to cost. Just my opinion, you asked.

Al

The now-banned WM CAP 232. Not a sticker on the plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76313.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	804068  
Old 11-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Mike_T5

Well, have been checking this thread out since the very first day the thread started. I have had two of the WH 50cc 84" Extra's (latest model), the first of which I smashed up. The second one, I retired because of the V2 Edge, and needing to rob the engine and radio. Well, I have been away for the last month on business, and have come back to my new Edge, which my mate Maurice has very kindly built up for me. Up front is my much adored 3W 56iB2 twin, with two cans, Futaba radio, with S9351 digital servos. Will post pics, and video as soon as edited. I have to say though, that there were a few things I wasn't comfortable with regarding the Extra, but with the Edge, all I can say is... WOW!!!!! Only had two brief flights, but found the plane to be unbelievably faultless in my eyes!!! CG is a little far back, as climbs both ways up, and is between 5 3/4" and 6". Highlights at first glance... You can pull a wall, and the plane does it so sharply, that it virtually backflips! Harrier flight is probably better than the Extra, but I was particularly happy with the Extra in that respect. You can pull a loop, and no matter how hard you pull up on the way down, it simply won't drop a wing... and pull full up, she just flops straight over into high-alpha attitude... something the Extra just wouldn't seem to tolerate (perhaps a wing loading issue given my setup being heavier than DA derivatives?) Hovering seems good, but the plane seems more sensitive to inputs that the Extra, but I haven't flown for six weeks, so maybe it's just me. I need to setup up the throttle curve though, as the midband is pretty much all-or-nothing, and too rich. I'm confident I'll get to grips with this though. I quickly discovered that I can do really tight high-alpha turns with this, just like a Shocky! In fact, my favourite plane for 'throwing around' in this manner, is my little electric 47" EF Edge... but the WH seems even better!!! I never thought this could be possible!!!??? Sorry if I sound OTT with this, but in just two flights I am completely astounded by this plane!!!

Mike.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Tired Old Man

Very nice! I really like the way you did the engine mount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.