Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Million-flight WildHare?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 10:57 PM
phippsj
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Million-flight WildHare?

I want to hear from WildHare owners out there that have a plane that has an exceptional number of flights on it. I don't mean how old the plane is, but how many flights are on it. When you post your story, please include a recent photo and tell us if the plane has been rebuilt, overhauled, had previous owners, etc.

Here is a photo of my 2004 Extra Special 300 that I bought second hand, ready to fly. It had over 200 flights on it when I got it in Dec. 2005. I put over 100 flights on it myself last year before I pulled off the engine, servos and radio gear. I put all of this on a new WH Yak, but kept the Extra as a back-up airframe. The Yak bit the dirt three weeks ago, so I rebuilt the Extra to go flying again. I bought a new cowl, main gear and wheel pants for her. She's looking almost like new.

Just like automobiles with a million miles on them, let's hear your Wild Hare stories!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64241.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	635357  
Old 03-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Cryhavoc
My Feedback: (46)

Default RE: Million-flight WildHare?

I have one that looks just like yours that I just took out of the box over the winter and built. I've had it put up for over a year and just never got around to building her. She's got a DA50 on her with a smoke system and I plan to maiden her as soon as the weather/wind permit. It's encouraging to hear about it's potential longevity! Thanks for the info.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Walt and Sage

I allso like you and Cryhovic have the SAME plane with a DA 50R and I also
have not flown it yet...
No smoke in mine YET but planning on it in the future...

Walt..

Old 03-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Cryhavoc
My Feedback: (46)

I made a post about the smoke on here and got some real good advise that basically said that using the sullivan skywriter, a lithium ion 2000mah battery and a 16oz tank would be a fine setup and shouldn't affect the weight enough to prohibit 3D. I've already tested the smoke system on the ground and it's excellent. Can't wait to try it out in the air.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Walt and Sage

ORIGINAL: Cryhavoc

I made a post about the smoke on here and got some real good advise that basically said that using the sullivan skywriter, a lithium ion 2000mah battery and a 16oz tank would be a fine setup and shouldn't affect the weight enough to prohibit 3D. I've already tested the smoke system on the ground and it's excellent. Can't wait to try it out in the air.

THANK YOU for the smoke information...
I have saved it...
Keep us posted on how it does in the air..

Walt...

Old 03-05-2007, 11:20 AM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

I have a WH Wdge 540 1.20 that I bought last year and it has over 100 flights on it and still going strong. I recently bought a complete WH Edge 540 28 % with engine & servos and hopefuly have that up and running this flying season.
NEDYOB
Old 03-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Nogyro
My Feedback: (10)

I'm still nursing my WH 28% Extra along.....First flight was 10/18/04. I've got 642 flights on it now. Started out with a DA50, then a G62, then sent the G62 out to Ralph to let him do his magic on it. I lost my Edge on flight 575 I think it was. The fuse was trash, so I kept everything else for parts. I ended up flipping the Extra over and turning the rudder into mush, so I put the Edge rudder on it. I repaired the damage to one of Edge wings, so now I can put them on the Extra fuse. I call it my Edgtra...... Flies just like the ole' Edge did. Here's a few pics of her.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72101.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	636878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98738.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	636879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69202.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	122.1 KB