Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

50cc Giles

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 01:35 PM
chuck l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50cc Giles

I'm thinking about buying Tom's 50cc Giles and would appreciate any comments from those of you that have flown it. I spoke with Tom last night and he gave we some good input. I plan to use it mainly for IMAC type flying and would be using a DL50.

Chuck
Old 05-06-2010, 02:54 PM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: 50cc Giles

Can't speak to the airplane...I've only seen one fly once, never had my hands on the sticks.

I can and will speak to the company.  You'll not find a better company in this hobby than WildHare, and very few as good.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:45 PM
RCNUTKNOY
My Feedback: (2)

I'm thinking about buying Tom's 50cc Giles and would appreciate any comments from those of you that have flown it. I spoke with Tom last night and he gave we some good input. I plan to use it mainly for IMAC type flying and would be using a DL50.

Chuck

Chuck,

I am on my 3rd and 4th Wild Hare plane. Now have the 88" Sukoi with a DL50 and the new 88" Giles with a DA 50. The Giles was nearly perfectly trimmed on the maiden flight. Have a canister on the engine as well. You will love this plane for IMAC. Interesting note, I have the blue and yellow version and as you fly vertically against a blue sky, the blue on the plane gets "lost" and the yellow looks like a jet!!!

Tom is the best for design and customer support. You will be very happy with this purchase.

John
Old 05-06-2010, 07:23 PM
chuck l
My Feedback: (17)

John,

I was thinking of the yellow/blue colors. Do the colors present any problem with seeing the plane? The internet pictures make it look like it would be easy to see. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I presently have Tom's Sukhoi and flew the Edge for a few years. We winter in Florida and are leaving for MN in the morning. The Sukhoi fuselage was all nicely packed into the car top carrier when I saw the rest of the stuff my wife was packing. Well, as you guessed, the Sukhoi is staying in Florida, resting until fall.

Chuck
Old 05-06-2010, 08:13 PM
RCNUTKNOY
My Feedback: (2)

Chuck,

I chose the yellow and blue scheme because my "maturing" eyes can see that combination against either clear sky or clouds. It also shows well against a background of green trees on approach.

John
Old 07-25-2010, 07:50 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This might interest Giles owners.

In the recently arrived container we got some sets of MX2 wings that will bolt on to a Giles fuselage making it essentially a MX2. I got a couple sets in the yellow/blue/pink scheme and some in the red/black Honda scheme.

Call me for info.

TF