Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

50cc Giles

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 PM
chuck l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50cc Giles

I bought the 50cc size Giles from Tom a couple of weeks ago and finally flew it for the first time today. After three flights, I concluded it's the best flying airplane I've ever had. It tracks straight, goes where you point it, and as Tom says on his website, landings are a non-event. I have mental blocks on landing, but this thing almost lands hands off! It has a DL50 for power with a Pitts wrap around muffler, one A123 battery, JR receiver and Hitec servos, with an all up weight of 16lbs 11oz. I balanced it at the center of the wing tube which required 2.25oz in the tail, and it drops very slowly in an inverted 45 degree upline. For the third flight, I removed 3/4oz, but will put the back. Knife edges required very little elevator, probably compensating for the slight cross wind today. The roll rate using the recommended aileron low rate deflection was too slow so I increased it, but don't know what it is. Guess I should measure.

Anyway, great plane Tom, even better than your Edge and Sukhoi!

Chuck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63769.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	1447283  
Old 06-23-2010, 07:25 PM
PWRDrill
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 50cc Giles

Let me be the first to reply to your thread.
Thank you for posting. It's a great looking plane

I have the MX2, so I like to hear about the Giles as we're really brothers, with different wings.

Kevin
Old 06-24-2010, 06:12 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 50cc Giles

Still a good looking scheme after all these years.