Community
Search
Notices
XHeli.com Support Forum If you have a question, problem or concern about your product from xheli.com, please use this forum to get answers to your questions.

Dynam E-Razor 450

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 03:42 PM
maxmax77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dynam E-Razor 450

ORIGINAL: AGrin

I bought a mSR about a month ago and now I'm looking for my 1st CP heli......
This E Raxor looks a lot like a Beam e4 Clone.....Is it ???

Thanks
Andy
just a heads up...it's going to be a huge jump to go from the mSR to the e-razor. The MSR is way easier to control, and has the hovering characteristics of a coaxial. While this is good, the e-razor doesn't have these characteristics. I personally don't have one, but from what I've heard it's a trick heli, not a beginner cp heli. However, you might find that it's an easy transition-it depends on the person really.

-Max
Old 02-18-2010, 04:27 PM
AGrin

Thanks for the warning.......I'm already doubting my eyesight and hand/eye cordination at age 64.....

The mSR may have lulled me into a false confidence.......But if I do get a 450, I plan on training gear and the Radds Training and LOTS of patience.
In the interum, I'm really enjoying the learning process. I will be goood if I stumblrd onto something here.....with the E-Razor using Beam replacement parts for the Head, Tail and Gears.

There is someone on another forum already ordering some Beam Head parts for his E-R....
I will pass on this info as soon as I find out.

Others are telling me different things, such as......
1-Buy a RTF
2-Buy Genesis
3No Genesis but Blue Ray (parts available)
4Get Blade 400 RTF (and has good DX6i TX)
5Buy EXI 450 Carbon Edition Kit... ( so I will know how to repair my own crashes)
6Buy a bigger 4 channel fixed pitch....see it better...harder to fly....??simpler / cheaper to fix...
7You have got to have a Trex!!!

Talking about Confusion!!! Ther are also other ideas....but I'm patiently reading and learning....

Thanks Again......
......Andy....( I am not XHeli Andy, I'm the smart, good looking one!)

Old 03-04-2010, 01:35 PM
grillo

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Guys just to let you know Idid recived my E razor 450 (first Heli) after a full check up and help from a friend the heli lifted off great; its not trimed yet but i think its a great value for youre $$$.

Overall inspection:

Good quality on the materials and head/tail asmbly
Minor adjustments made to:
Fly bar length
balancing main Blades
Gyro gain
Removed the brake on the ESC
straigth Main Shaft
The holding of the gyro seems good at 1/2 thr (doing RADS execercises 4 bateries)
Great blade traking
Excelent suport from Andy at Xheli (minor delays but excelent service)

Dislikes:
The tail rotor has close to no clerance
Tail Heavy for my friends taste
Skids have to bee either bolt true or CA in Place
Servo/Linkages slop

Im tryng to find spare parts just in case seems that Beam e4 are the same
HAVE FUN !!!
Old 03-04-2010, 08:45 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andy
Old 06-03-2010, 10:40 PM
GuitarPlayer

This bird is not for beginners. The manual is very difficult to understand, it's mostly Chinese. I wouldn't call it a RTF. I spent over 2 hours correctly setting it up. The gyro IS NOT a heading hold model. It is a "buffer" at best. The radio is not laid out like other Tx's. Without Youtube and experience, a person could get hurt during the start-up with this radio. Now for the downside. DO NOT buy from "xheli.com" or "nitroplanes.com"(they are the same company). Customer service hung up on me twice when I was unsatisfied with the included charger. Claims(both online and in the manual) are that the charger is rated for 1amp. I spent some time with it and got a maximum current of 350mah. The stock battery, 2200mah, takes 6.5 hours to charge. I spoke with customer service and they said that these figures are within there companies expectations of this charger. When I began reading the manual's details for the charger back to them, they hung up! If only based on the companies attitude, I cannot recomend them and if this is a first chopper stay away from the erazor, or get an experienced pilot to help.

Also. my stock 450 wth it's stock 2200mah li-po produces an 8 min flight!!!!

Old 06-05-2010, 10:30 PM
GuitarPlayer

I would recomend  staying away from any advice given by Yadac.  He seems to have some type of affiliation with the folowing companies;

nitroplanes,xheli, nitrorcx, and partsworkz

I would not recomend these companies either.  Unless you are an experienced pilot you might want to stick with your' local hobby shop.  You will always get support from them and can hold whatever you want in your' hands.  Most shops will demo anything you are interested in.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Gunny105

I recently got this E razor 450 as my first heli. I was just running up the motor without lift off and accidentally hit the switch and put it in 3d mode. It took off full blast and hit the ceiling in my basement and bounced around like a fish out of water. Well I ordered some parts and some tools and think I have replaced all broken parts.

So I thought I would try again to see if my repairs worked. Well I plugged in the battery and it went thru its routine. The gyro light turned blue but there is kind of a humming sound that I don't remember it having and it now beeps 5 times followed by 5 double beeps, then repeats. Can anyone tell me what that means? I hope I didn't hurt it more than I thought.

Thanks,

Rick
Old 07-09-2010, 05:11 PM
GuitarPlayer

Do yourself a huge favor and DO NOT buy the razor.  I did and it fell apart. Switches snapped of in flight, the gyro(not a heading hold unit) is crap as are the batteries and charger.  Customer support is non-existent!  Once they get your moneythey will cut you off.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:07 PM
yadac123

before you fly this heli it's very important that you fully understand what this flying machine can do. Do not flip the 3d switch unless you know how to fly 3d, which should be 2 to 3 years down the road for you.

If your ESC continued to beep non stop in a sequence, that means it entered programming mode. You must start the heli normally, left joystick down, speed trim down, turn on the radio, connect the battery to the ESC and wait 10 second with the heli sitting on a flat surface.

Andy
Old 07-09-2010, 06:11 PM
GuitarPlayer

No guts to leave my post up huh?  Your' products can't handle the critisizm?

Again,

This is of course my opinion. The seller, a Chinese warehouse in <place><country-region>China</country-region></place>, is selling  chopper's with inferior electronics that if not fully understood, may injure the pilot or  others watching! They greatly overstate the quality of what they are actually selling!! They want your money! Nothing else and will not back up your' purchase!!!

Old 07-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Gunny105

Thanks, I had the left joystick down but the trim (I guess thats the slider next to the left joystick) was midway. I will push it down and give it another try.

The 3d thing was a complete accident. I was actually setting the controller down and hit the switch. Is there anyway to disable it for now?

Rick
Old 07-09-2010, 06:16 PM
yadac123

Sorry you can not disable it. Just be careful

Andy
Old 07-09-2010, 06:19 PM
GuitarPlayer

It can be shorted by opening the Tx and removing the wires from the switch. Do the same with the model switch(You don't want to bump it and make the Tx think it's flying a plane!!!! Leave these wires open). You will either connect the 2 wires or leave them unconnected. Sorry I forget witch. Test it buy turning the chopper on, CAREFULLY! If it spools up then change the wire configuration.

Yadac, you have no morals!! lmfao
Old 07-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Gunny105

I ordered a spare battery pack but it doesn't have the red connector on the end of the wires to plug it in!?!? I have searched the web site but can not find it anywhere. I assumed it came with. Can anyone help?
Old 07-10-2010, 04:35 PM
GuitarPlayer

Pretty sure xheli's the only place to get it. Ya might consider switching over to deans connectors.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Gunny105

Ok, so I followed Andy's instructions. Throttle down, trim down etc. Plugged in the heli, it did its thing, started beeping then the beeping stopped and POW full blast to the ceiling. Was NOT in 3d. Now just more broken parts and no way to know what to do. The manual is useless. Should be a big book type thing. The manual for my TV is 50 times bigger and tells you everything you need to know and then some. This thing is some pamphlet with a weak translation for a product that could kill you.

If anyone could tell me how to find more info about the radio, how to program it etc. I would greatly appreciate it. Surely there are books on the market or detailed info on the net or something.  

Anyone want to buy a brand new busted heli?

Rick
Old 07-16-2010, 07:02 PM
yadac123

so what's your order number? I'll have you send the heli back and our tech will check on it.

Andy
Old 07-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Gunny105

Andy:

Thank you for the offer. There is a local RC Heli club that is having a fly-in tomorrow. I thought I would go their and talk to them. I have been thinking about joining anyway and from looking at their website I think there is a lot of experience there. If they can help me I will take care of it myself. The parts are cheap and it would be fun and educational to do it myself. If not, or they recommend your techs look at it I will take you up on it.

Thanks again,

Rick
Old 07-16-2010, 08:37 PM
yadac123

Rick,

I like your attitude and it's something that we all should have when we first approach this hobby. A helicopter will not crash itself and certainly can not fly itself, so the pilot has total control. You're getting there and you'll be hovering your heli in no time.

Andy
Old 08-02-2010, 02:25 PM
GuitarPlayer

The electronics in the RTF razor 450 are JUNK!!!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:31 PM
GuitarPlayer

Oh hell yes it can crash and not be your' fault!!!. It's called a failure in the radio that came with the RTF helo!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:47 AM
nsbat7

Are this radio problems related to the 2.4 Ghz or the 72 Mhz radio? I just got mine yesterday bu have being to busy to tested. I just notice that came with a broken canopy.

ns
Old 08-18-2010, 05:03 PM
macart52

Howdy fellers, just bought the razor of fleabay, brand new, butit was wrecked,got it for a song though. Main shaft bent, feathering fubar, landing skids....ditto, along with ped. set and tail link broken. Not worried about all that. The feller did give me extra feathering shafts, blades, bearings and 3 flybars which was also fubar. Got it all back together as far as I can go. Now I'll order the rest of the parts. As I tore everything down, actuallya fewthings that I noticed was real bad from the factory and would like to straighten them all out. Maybe someone here has some answers. Andy? Names Doug and a might glad to meet ya.
OK....Topic #1One very important thing that no one has ever mentioned, was the flybar dismantle and reassembly.(Well not in this direction anyway.) Everyone explains how to do it but there is a delimahere.Not gonna say "IF" LOL, It's when you wreck the plane, the flybar is the very first to get it, after the main blades, feathering bar etc. Of course in my case it was.
We'll startof byremoving the weights. Make sure you have a good dremel with a cutting wheel attached, as there is hardly any tollerences, between the bar and weights.The slightest bend, will be a *****to slide them off. I found out, bymoving the weights (After grub screwsremoved)where they will slide withthe easiest free play. Now push the weight backuntil it binds a little and slice through, leaving the longest straightpart of the baron after the weight. Now round of the edge of the cut bar and the weight will fallright off.Now when ya get to the point of pulling the flybar out.....USE CAUTION!!....In between the flybar and cage, there are2little tiny washers on each side, to over ride the space, in between the cage and head (Bearings)assembly. They also are thrust washers for the bearings and if not careful and watchful, you will lose them. I found that out the hard way. I lost one last night and couldn't find the other one, so I had to make one. Weather this will work? I don't know yet, but Ijust found the other one, today,lodged inside the frame ofthe heli thank GOD!!.........Now the exploded view definatelyBLOWS!!......... Along with the instructions!!!. The exploded view dosen't even show the cage (Flybar Caddles??? Never heard of that before) let alone the 2 little washers. I haven't even found them in the parts list either. So what I'm guessing here, is your screwed if you lose them and will have to hunt all over the world for that size washer, let alone the thickness. A word of advice. If you already replaced the flybar, check to see if there is any play between therotor head and cage. If there is, you have lost the washers. That being said, these 2 tiny washers will throw the whole head assy out of balance, as there will be slop in this area, on each 1/2 revolution. Hope that helped.
OK ...Topic #2 I've seen a hell of lot of bearings in my day (And yes I am a geezer and mechanic for years). But I'venever ever seen what they call bearings like these!! IMHO oil bronze bushings, all through the plane would be better than these. The one concern I have are the so called bearings on the belt wheels. I've never seen so much slop in all my born day and hence I see a problem here. Due to all the slop here, I estimate a short belt life. In essence the slop in the bearings will chew the belt. But as we all know it's the old money game. Not like years ago when equipment was meant to hold up for 100 years.
In conclusion Topic #3 Every screw, bolt and nut absolutely SUCK!!Throughout this whole machine!!!. Some of the hex head screws aren't too bad YET!!Just by one teardown and installation, my screws are all shot. So if I have to remove them again, I'll have to slot them for a regular screwdriver to get them out. And of course there goes the plastic, melting away!!
Electronics? Don't have a clue yet. I'm old school so I like the FM deal...nuff said on that. Servos look like toys. And from what everyone said? Guess they are. But so what?? Buy new ones.
Well all that being said, the rest of the plane looks good. Now my questions......Where can I get the best bolts and bearings? The screws for the plastic parts, I'm not worried about. I'll just replace them with 2-56 bolts ie drill tap and thread. As far as the tail boom belttightning, I'll just pull the belt tight and stick a mini hose clamp on the front toward the case, to keep it in place. I'm not really to awful worried about the el cheapo s h i t, as I have a T-rex on the way. So I'll beat this one up and get the experience foe the rex.
Well hope all this helps and let me know about the bearings and metric bolts, of where to get them.
Thanks in advance.
Doug
Old 04-21-2011, 03:37 PM
hobbypartz

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoeapBTSTIg[/youtube]
Old 04-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Forum support1

Hi macart52 

How can I help you what is your order number ?

Eric

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.